Notices

Pain medication users

Old 11-02-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Pain medication users

Many moons ago I posted a thread looking for input. I have thought about this, and think perhaps it might be a good idea for those of us who need pain medication but do not abuse to have our own thread to post in.

Here is my original post:

As many of you know, I am on opiate pain medication.

I have noticed quite a few people on the substance abuse board who are having to walk this fine line as well.

Recently I stopped taking my codeine for a while to see if I could live without it and found that I was in pain that was controlling my life. I had to cut back on my working hours, and when not in school I was in bed.

Pain medication, like many other medications, lowers my inhibitions. This is also something I need to be aware of during my day to day recovery.

I guess I am just looking for input on the special issues that develop for those of us in recovery and on pain medications
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...edication.html
Old 11-02-2007, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thank you! i think this is such an important topic & i am so glad there are others going thru' it too.
(oh wait, that came out wrong - i am sorry any of you have to suffer pain! but you know what i mean - haha! i'm glad if we have to that we have each other for support. )