Notices

Suboxone tomorrow?

Old 01-07-2009, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Suboxone tomorrow?

As I've said here several times today, everything as fallen apart. Losing my mind...a piece at a time.
I can get into partial hospitalization detox tomorrow...apparently my use doesn't qualify for inpatient.
They tell me they use suboxone. Moronic me thinks "I don't want to be on that junk for the rest of my life. But I would have kept doing percs until my liver dropped out of my body, though...
So I'll go and simply do asI am told. I'll take what I need to take, do whatever I need to do...this is my last chance.
FS
Old 01-07-2009, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've never been on those things but have heard nothing but good things about them.
Apparantly you have to be in pretty full withdrawals then you start them and the withdrawals vanish.

BV knows a lot about them and I'm sure he would be happy to explain them to you.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, there's tons of threads about subs on here. I think subs are a lifesaver, literally. Good Luck and just don't forget that the normal dose that an opiate patient usually gets is like 4-8mg, if you get perscribed more than 12 or so, the dr. doesn't know jack about subs. Unfortunately there's plenty of them out there, I saw one women coming off a 10 vike a day habit get 16mg, haha. I came off a 1-1.5 gram/day habit of white herion with 12 mgs. Trust me, don't let your dosage get too high. Just take enough to feel *not horrible*, it still won't be a cakewalk, but for me it actually made it possible to get clean
Old 01-07-2009, 11:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had a huge opiate problem,, went to inpatient detox for 5 day and was given meds to help make me comfortable. I did not use subs. They did not offer subs. I was quite comfy in w/d w/o the subs vs when I went CT on numerous occasions. Everyone is different and only you and your Dr can decide the best treatment option. Subs are always a good option.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am on day#8 of Suboxone...and I couldn't be happier! I know there is a lot of debate about it...and lots of opinions. I am just doing what is right for me, and at the moment, this is it! For the first time in 18 months I have gone 8 days without taking 20-30 oxycodones/Vicodin/Norco/etc. and haven't had any alcohol either. I feel great!!! The first few days on the Suboxone I felt strange...but now, I feel like a new woman!! I wake up happy...no night sweats...no body aches...no hangover...I have energy....I'm going to meetings, and even back to Gold's Gym!!! I feel like I am re-gaining a bit of control...and it feels good! I know I'll have to get off the Suboxone eventually, but I can't worry about that now. I'm seeing a psychiatrist, and going to NA/AA/DRA meetings. I feel I am on the right track!! Good luck to you. I hope the suboxone works as well for you as it is for me.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

been on them myself for about a year now and have never been more stable. you really do need to follow their advise as your own thinking probably isn't gonna do you much good right now. all the best