Notices

Pain pills & liver damage

Old 10-12-2009, 04:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ekat View Post
The mixture of opiates and alcohol is very dangerous.
i remmber this one time when i was using opiates, I wa sitting with a friend who was chasing heroin and although i didn't do a line myself , after I got up 15 minutes later i felt totally disoriented. Is it possble to get high from second hand fumes ?

He gave me a thorazine that night and the next day I drank just 100 ml of this cough syrup and i got really stoned. And then I decided to drink some rum and 15 minutes later I had difficulty breathing. I felt like I was going to die that day.My whole life flashed in front of my eyes. I panicked and kept asking people to take me to a doctor, they looked at me like I was crazy. That day I swore I would never do drugs again, I decided that I did not want to die like that. But i used the very next day again.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Another wee problem....

Mostly Amurrrrrrrrican posters on this site.................. hence talk of tylenol -
and codeine + paracetamol mixes.
But - here in UK and in Canada, India, Australia and other countries you can buy anti inflammatories like Nurofen plus,(Cuprofen) panadeine, panadol, solpadeine etc etc. Others can add to the list. These concoctions contain codeine + ibuprofen (an anti inflammatory). These anti inflammatories play havoc with the gut and kidneys (liver too) - causing huge varuses thro'out the length of the gut.(from mouth to anus) Cause dreadful ulcerations all along the gut.
I have heard today of a patient suffering from a tear in her oesophagus - she has been told it has been caused by either alcoholism or addictive use of anti-inflammatories. She is a non drinker! Its a horrible condidition. She has had the "hole" sewn up and will have a "swallow" test to see if the repair holds............. if not......................
This is a very respectable lady teacher of infants.

So - no matter what you take - there are really very nasty side effects.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Liver damage from high doses of tylenol/paracetamol, starts @ 4000mg.

I know a woman who has a small frame who injested 100 - vic/500's a day. Makes my 60 or so - paracetamol/codeine 325's (that I used to use) seem, light weight.

Her - 50,000 mg tylenol per day
Me - approx 20,000 mg per day.

She has no liver damage and I have no liver damage........... That said, I know a story (my doctor told me) of a healthy young woman who took 50 500/tylenol and died of liver failure.

Last edited by emmer; 10-15-2009 at 06:00 PM.