Notices

help please. im detoxing from home with suboxone

Old 05-14-2017, 01:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help please. im detoxing from home with suboxone

I'm 23. I was snorting for 4 months. decided that was enough. scared of w/d. I haven't used h in 3 or 4 days. been taking the tiniest pinch (1/20 approx.) of a strip. I have been going as long as I can without taking anything at all. RLS, shallow breath, super fatigue and lethargic and feeling uncomfortable all the time. actually sleeping a bit. it's about to be day 4 or 5 and I haven't used any and I still have over half of the same strip. I just refuse to feel nauseous or let RLS get too bad. I'm wondering how far I am into recovery?? how much longer am I going to be feeling like this?? i got work tomorrow and its not easy work. please help me with answers. I just want to be over this so bad
Old 05-14-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! You've come to a great place of support. I don't know about any of the drugs, but if they are prescribed meds, follow your doctors recommendations! This will pass and improve.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
Welcome! You've come to a great place of support. I don't know about any of the drugs, but if they are prescribed meds, follow your doctors recommendations! This will pass and improve.
I am not on any medication.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

You will start feeling better after a full week. So hang in there. Things will get better hour by hour and day by day. If you need to get medical attention so you can be monitored and get help to ease your pain.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
You will start feeling better after a full week. So hang in there. Things will get better hour by hour and day by day. If you need to get medical attention so you can be monitored and get help to ease your pain.
a full week? I hope you're right. I'm so weak. whenever it gets too bad I take a tiny tiny piece of suboxone. I'm stretching out only 1 and my girlfriend actually is sharing it with me. so we're sharing the same strip. we're at the point where we can go about 18 to 20 hours or so without taking anything. still no >>>>>>. I wasn't shooting it or doing high doses. literally smaller than a dime. just did it everyday for 4 months. although id use multiple times. I hear how people need so much sub and for so long. like 6 to 8 weeks. if rather go cold turkey than drag this out. I could hold out till the weekend and just go cold turkey. I really don't care. I just wonder how close I am to recovered. fully. where i won't need anything at all. I can't find anybody who does it like me. everyone usually has stories where they don't quit until it's too late type of stuff.
thanks
Old 05-17-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi dwiz. I was browsing and saw your post.

Have you checked out the recent thread asking, "Is suboxone more addicting than heroin?"

There are some excellent responses, some of which may give you answers to your questions. Good luck on your journey.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I never did heroin, but suboxone is very addictive mentally and physically as it has a half life that is very long and is mentally addictive way after it is out of your system, so you may feel the need for it long after it is out of your system but maybe not the WD,s, it is a very wicked drug that many do not yet realize, unfortunately, and it is still readily being pushed on the public by people who have zero business doing so! You should be able to get someone off a drug before you can give it to them right? At least I would hope that to be the case, not so with suboxone, it takes a short class to qualify to doll this stuff out, and the damage this junk does is horrific! The bad part is barely any of the people who give this stuff out are qualified to get you off of it!
Old 05-02-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry I got on a tangent there, I think a lot depends on how much you did, and how long, and definitely how you did it, I have heard of that but dont know how to compare to using it under the tongue, but any way it is used it is a bad drug to get off of, I wish you the best, and if you have or know a doctor to get advice from I would try to seek it out! A clinic or something nearby if possible, I wouldn't be shy about asking for help.