Notices

Been a few days...

Old 06-30-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been a few days...

So I tried quitting altogether and made it for 70 hours but I didn't have any more time off and I can't work in withdrawals.

I must admit the withdrawals are a bit more powerful than I expected. I felt like a failure for resuming the taper although I did resume at a much lower dose. I'm currently taking 1/3 of 1mg, whatever that equals out to be anyways.

I'm not sleeping much, rls and a lot of cramping in the legs. I'm waking up in withdrawals every morning. After a few days, I will try every other day and see if I can't work my way down from there. I'm not having cravings and hopefully this will pass soon. Tapering is definitely a good idea if you've been on suboxone for awhile.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You will get there. Slow and steady wins the race and the fact that you are not having cravings is huge. Don't be so hard on yourself. If you think back to where you WERE versus where you are NOW you should take pride in that. I obviously don't know your whole story, but pretty sure you didn't go on sub because you had nothing better to do. Kicking an opiate habit is no easy task (well for most at least). I literally spent years in the cycle of stop, start, stop, start. For me obsessing over it just made it worse (I know very hard not to do). Try to stay in today and do what you need to do today. Before you know it you will go from crumbs to nothing and can put this behind you. You have your whole life ahead of you.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for that Marcus! It's been a rough day. Not sleeping makes everything so much harder. I've been thru methadone withdrawals. Omg! That was tough! I keep hearing that suboxone withdrawals aren't as bad so I'm hanging on to that. I think I'm overly sensitive to pain. Low tolerance to it or something. I'm a weenie when it comes to chronic anything. But you're right, I've come from 6 mg to 0.13 or something like that. Thanks again for the thoughts!
Old 06-30-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes Marcus is right! You are moving forward! Even if you need to take baby steps you are getting there!

You are amazingly strong....no wimp could go thru this taper like you have...continuly working and dropping every week or so. You inspire me peanut. I will be following right behind you soon. Just hope I can do it!