Notices

beyond frustrated

Old 02-20-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

beyond frustrated

my husband has been on suboxone for 5 yrs now i am growing extremly resentful of the amount of money being spent on his meds i feel he is abusing his meds he takes to much and runs out it is costing us three hundred dollars a month and our money is tight i feel like i try to be supportive but there is always a voice in the back of my head saying you deserve better if he loved u he would quit we have a six year old son together and he cannot participate in team sports because we cant afford it yet we somehow everymonth can afford the sub dr sometimes i just wanna leave him for this it just feels wrong to take away from me and my son and pay for his dr
Old 02-20-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If he won't quit then maybe he should work more hours or get a second job. I am kind of old school when it comes to family structure. The husband / father in my view is responsible for the financial wellbeing of his family. I am sorry to hear about the situation that you are in. It sounds like something is off if he is running out early every month.

Have you told him how you feel about your son missing out on team sports because of his choices?
Old 02-21-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He knows what he is doing he just can't stop I'm in school and will start working soon i just don't know if i will ever be able to agree with paying this much for medicine every month the amount of money is ridiculous and to have been on subs for this long and still not doing any better i just don't get why he can't taper down
Old 06-11-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My husband has been on subs almost 4 yrs and I'm totally with you on the spending money and feeling like you can only be supportive so long.

Originally Posted by tryingtodecide View Post
He knows what he is doing he just can't stop I'm in school and will start working soon i just don't know if i will ever be able to agree with paying this much for medicine every month the amount of money is ridiculous and to have been on subs for this long and still not doing any better i just don't get why he can't taper down