Notices

150mg - 300mg Methadone Use Detox

Old 05-19-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

150mg - 300mg Methadone Use Detox

Hi Everyone, like most people I started with an oxycodone/vicodin addiction which I switched over to methadone. Unfortunately I purchased methadone from someone who had take home doses already prescribed as I never wanted to deal with the clinic aspect. At the worst I was using 250mg - 300mg of methadone a day with my average daily usage at least 100mg over the past year and a half.

As of today I am 13.5 days off of methadone, but didn't do it the cold turkey route. I switched to a short acting opiate prior to jumping off opiates completely.

Here is exactly what I transitioned too after going off methadone completely:
Day 1 to 2 - 135 mg Oxy
Day 3 - 165 mg Oxy
Day 4-7 - 150mg Oxy
Day 8 - 10 - 75mg Oxy / 80 mg Vic
Day 11 - 13 - No opiate use

With Day 11 being my first day off of opiates completely it was the worst of the 3 days so far and I am actually starting to feel a lot better physically now at Day 13-14. To help with the physical syptoms I've been using Kratom that I purchased online usually 4-10g of it everytime I start to feel the RLS kick in terribly/hot flashes etc. I notice a huge different between Day 11 and Day 13 now and feel like the worst of it is over. Also I can tell it is improving as I had to take kratom every 2-3 hours to avoid the worst of the withdrawals on Day 11-12, but now on Day 13 I feel I only use kratom every 8-10 hours and will likely quit taking it completely in the next day or two. Thought I would post my experience here to help anyone it can as I've tried to get off methadone about 4 times in the last year and a half and never got past day 6-7 and I am never going to touch methadone again... I'll try to keep up to date here if anyone has any questions or wants to know how I'm feeling days from now as well.

Thanks everyone as this forum has been instrumental to me reading during the detox that I am still doing.