Notices

Question about suboxone

Old 10-13-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question about suboxone

Maybe someone can help me here everytime I start suboxone I feel like death I wait the proper amount of time and the cold turkey withdrawal feels less sever. Even after. 3 days of being on subs I still feel horrible could I be allergic to the medication or is my addiction so far off that the drug does not fill enough receptors please help

Thanks
Old 10-13-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can elaborate more on my comp with more details if necessary tough to do from my iPhone
Old 10-14-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It would be best to talk it over with you doctor. A lot depends on what you were using and for how long and how much. It does take a little time to stabilize on a dose. You doctor should be able to tell you if your dose is too low or too high. I doubt you are allergic, but again you just never know and since none of us are doctors we could never say for sure. Good Luck!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The first 2 days after I started, I still felt like I had the tail end I the flu or something like that. No appetite, body aches, etc. I was inducted on Fri and by Sun night I felt better. I think is does take a couple days before you stabilize
Old 10-14-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mark, I had the same problem. I was very sick for about the first two weeks after induction. I too worried about being allergic to sub. I stuck it out and in fact lowered my dose a little. I think that helped me personally. I'm not advocating your doing anything without your doctors knowledge but it is something to discuss with him/her. How many mgs are you prescribed right now?
Old 10-14-2013, 10:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks for all the replies..now that I am at my computer I can type a little better. my usage was any where from 20 to 30 bags of north phillys finest heroin a day intravenous ( no I am not exaggerating or trying to glorify my usage I think drug addiction is a horrific thing and there is nothing about it to glorify)..back to the suboxone the doctor is little to no help at all. like a lot of these doctors they accept cash only as payment and I swear they want you on the medication for the rest of your life. the doctor I go to you need not an appointment it is walk in as you want you pay by week ie. give him 50 dollars he writes you a script for 21 8 mg subs...3 a day 100 dollars 42..up to 200 dollars 84 a month supply most you can get one time he also gives you k pins in the same quantity only they are 2 mg. I do not have insurance so I thought of going to a different doctor but he Is the cheapest around and you get the most subs per month so It cuts down the cost because I figure 84 can last me way longer then a month. sometimes I wonder if I should take the kpins for the first few days to ease the anexity because I am a complete basket case. I do not wish to be on any substance at all but anytime I went into a rehab the mental cravings always won. I feel hopeless with this addiction problem but right now my plan is to take 16 mg for the first week 12 the second 8 the third...and so on as I do not want to be dependent on any sort of drug because I was on methadone and still shooting up 2 years ago and coming off of narcotics with a long half life is hell. what do you think about my taper plan as my main medical advice is from past experience, old friends, and the internet. and not to sound conceded but I was always that ******* in life that never had to work hard for things things were not handed to me in life but everything I tried, I always excelled: school, sports, work...everything I was always at the top and i always felt I had lady luck on my side when something should have gone wrong I always managed to escape unscaved. so I am not used to failing and me trying to get sober has been one big fail and it caused that being on top aspect of life to do a complete 180. sorry to rant it feels good to get things off my chest as I am pretty much all alone in the world right now...any ways opinions on the suboxone taper... good idea, do maintenance? take the k pins...any and all advice is welcomed because I feel hopeless
Old 10-15-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mark we are not allowed to give med advice on this forum. I understand your problems with the Doctor. I had the same problem. He had absolutely no intention of discussing treatment plans with me. He was walk in cash only. Started me on 32mgs sub per day. When I got violently ill from it he wouldn't except my calls. In my case I was taking too much. I switched doctors. One that was affiliated with my IOP and excepts insurance. He spends a good 45 mins with me per visit. When my new doctor lowered my dose to 8 mgs my side effects were greatly reduced. If you're still feeling sick you might need a reduction. Another thing that helped me was to divide my doses into 4 per day and take it every 6 hours instead of the huge amount once a day. Since you seemed to have a very large habit and had a lot of problems breaking that cycle of addiction, you might like to consider maintenance. That would allow you the time to build tools to combat cravings and return to a life style of normalcy. Are you planning to attend an IOP or go to NA meetings? It's important to work on your recovery during this time in sub. Just switching to sub to avoid WD and tapering will break the physical side of dependence but you still have the psychological component of addiction to work through. If nothing changes nothing changes and you are setting yourself up for a relapse. These are only things for you to think about. SR is a wonderful tool and we are so glad you are here with us! Keep posting!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am not sure what it is about long term H usage, but subs did not do much for my withdrawal symptoms until day 4 or 5 when the worst was over. I too tried many different induction protocols and did not get any relief. I think in the end it was a good thing, because if I was able to bypass withdrawals completely I might have kept at it a bit longer.

You have a pretty healthy habit definitely nowhere near the worst I have seen, but up there for sure. Tolerance builds fast and eventually you just can never do enough. You can only fit so many bags in there and finding a vein becomes rare when you shoot every few hours all day long. I finally switched to raw and things went downhill real fast.

In theory the taper plan makes sense, but in reality you have to be honest with yourself. Yes it is great to get passed the physical symptoms, but then what are you left with? Constant mental torture for me. Yes dope withdrawals suck no doubt, but if you do not do something to combat the mental side you are going to find yourself right back where you started.

Talk is cheap. It is easy to think or say you have things under control, but when the going gets tough how you handle it is the key. I struggled for years and years to get out from under that garbage. The pull is so strong and for most of us our best mental defenses often are not enough - at least in the beginning. I needed to work with a therapist, talk to other addicts, get out of myself and change the way I thought about a lot of things. It takes time and hard work and a lot of soul searching. You have to be forever vigilant and completely honest with yourself to succeed. We are great liars not only to others, but often to ourselves. You start believing your own bullsh*t and then you are in trouble. Keep your head up! Be Strong!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks for the replies and the advice I appreciate it..i called my family doctor today and told him my situation, he has been taken care of me for over 20 years and said he would talk to some colleages of his to find out more info. to cleaninli yes I attend both na and aa. a good friend of mine got me going about three weeks ago. I did not get a sponsor because I will still using, which is no excuse, but the attendance it self gave me enough motivation to go another round with this demon, for a while mentally I thought this is how I am going to live the rest of my life....gota love the health care system in this country....relating to the issue of iop..and getting help...a few months ago I checked into a rehab while I thought I had insurance still but the policy was terminated. I was in the facility for 48 hours because that was all my insurance covered and the place coined me out with a program complete...going to try medicare/ gov assistance but from what I have been told my income from the last year will not allow me to qualify and was deniyed a new private policy for pre existing conditions....believing my own ******** is something I am an expert at so what ever I tell my self these days I try to do the opposite lol. lll let you know what kind of feedback I get from the doc thanks for the help
Old 10-16-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ok, mark let us know what happens.