Notices

In Taper Hell

Old 05-26-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes I have been freezing for 13 days. Runny nose, sneezing, and cough! Crazy to have such strange withdrawals!! I am pretty much back to myself though.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Alright! A full week later and I am finally in withdrawal which for some reason is more comforting than waiting for it to happen. It's not the cold sweats or pain but the full body 'zaps' and vertigo that is really effing annoying. I took my pain doctor up on his offer but got 50 50mg nucynta I stead if a full agonist like Vic for withdrawals since I haven't had any issues getting off of them. Also at 50 they aren't 'fun' in the least, only making me ever so slightly comfortable (ie no cold sweats but still have pain, stomach issues, anxiety and zaps). I feel pretty strong that this is the only bottle I am going to get. This has been bad enough and those moments of clarity have been amazing.

Only 10 more days to go! Haha
Old 05-30-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I should also mention that my psych is also having me eliminate Lexapro over two weeks to move to Cymbalta, so I am in a double whammy. But I think I prefer it so I can have all the crappy (literally, ha!) symptoms all at the same time. I wanted to mention it since the zaps are probably from that more than anything. I'm actually a little scared to drive right now and I have a therapy appt today. Eek!
Old 05-30-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am so proud of you for sticking with it! Good luck over next 2 was......sounds like you are prepared which helps! It is all worth it in the end
Old 06-04-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I thought it was letting up and then I had another night last night of nightmares, cold sweats, and feeling like I have the flu. Bupe sucks!!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wow this day just keeps going!! I had awful back spasms (trying really hard not to use the nucyntas I was given to help) where i had to actually leave my niece's 10th birthday party before she even got there to lay down, and ending the night freezing and stuck with what an outsider would call a stomach flu.

Jenn, did you take - or consider - clonidine? It doesn't give you a head change like a narcotic but lowers blood pressure and helps with the chills associated with withdrawal. I am thinking of asking for some from my pain doc tomorrow and didn't know anybody perso ally who has taken it.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My doctor offered and I declined. I am scarred of taking anything at this point. My withdrawals are hitting pretty hard still. Some days are good some aren't. I am at 23 days and wondering what the hell I have I done. I am proud of my self but finding life very hard to cope with. Like I said, I will stay clean because I don't know what would happen to my brain if I didn't. I have an abscessed tooth and the dentist wrote me a pain script that I have not touched! My head is sooooo confused. I wish someone would think for me! Lol!! I guess I know how I ended up this way......not thinking!

Good luck with the doc. If you decide to take the clonidine let me know how it goes. I would love to feel normal for just one day!!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks. Today is more of the same and compounded by a late period (stress), which is extending the mental and physical pain of pms. I literally want to fly to an island and be miserable by myself. My husband is now working from home and its driving me crazy.

$@&%#+%¥€¥!!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Oh no! Has he done the research to understand what you are going through? I am going through withdrawals coming off my sleep aids now! It is kicking my ass! This whole new life sucks at this point. No sleep, unbelievable pain, dizzy and just plain out of it!! I am hoping it gets better very soon Going to the dentist tomorrow to schedule a root canal.....can it get worse? Never had a problem with my teeth till now! I have been gritting my teeth soooo bad that I broke one off

I wish I could find that island too!!! Good luck and hang in there!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

My advice for the root canal is to really pay attention to your body. This all started for me from one where the endodontist rushed and it became infected, prolonging the process because I then had to have him redig the material and then place oil of clove cement for two weeks, then dig that put and redo the root canal. It was a nightmare! And if you can handle it with just ibuprofen, rock it sister!!

My resolve is waning. My quality of life had diminished so much. I mean, I am trying to stay on top of my normal back pain and at this point it's not even mental - purely physical and I just don't think I can handle it right now: we are supposed to be moving out of state at the end of the month and there is so much to do and I can't get anything done because I am in too much pain - I can't even think about logistics. Maybe now is not the right time to quit.

No, husband thinks he knows everything. But he never actually reads about anything. Not even how ADHD works. He literally thinks I can just will myself to do something. It's insulting. And he also downplays my pain when I have physical therapists (multiple!!) and doctors saying that what I am going through is real and debilitating. He keeps asking me if he can get anything for me and all I want to say is: drugs, lots of drugs.

No resolve today, like I said. Oh! And I figured something out. My new brain zaps are being caused by the nucynta because my brain is used to the additional serotonin action. I would cry but it hurts too much.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I am glad to hear that you are getting by. No better no less than me......must be normal. My pain is really bad as well, I can't do anything! I sit in the house all day in pain. My children are out of school for the summer and they are not getting to do anything

I hope the move is good for you and want take to much from you! Stay strong....it has to get better just for the fact that I don't think it could get worse

Heading to the endodontest today. They are going to shock the nerve to see if I need the root canal. I hope it turns out well. I usually don't have much luck when it comes to these things! I had sinus surgery a few yrs ago and got MRSA staph. It almost killed me!!! Had the surgery redone a yr later to clean out the infection. I still have it they have tried everything to get rid of it. I use to get spinal injections for the pain but having MRSA I can't anymore! So I do know how it feels to get an infection.....it sucks!!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Shock as in electrical or with the ice/heat? And OMG staph?? You poor thing! I hope everything works out for you.

Well my back pain is getting worse and worse. I succumbed and took pain meds. Oddly am not enjoying the feeling - more grossed out than anything but at least the pain and dizziness is gone for the next four hours so I can think of something else. Husband has also decided that he is okay with reviewing my current pain strategy and finding if there is a middle ground. I do NOT want to be on this stuff permanently but I am completely immobile/worthless without it. I dunno. I know months ago that I was crying standing up for a minute or two without pain medication so I know that I needed it, I just wish my pain doctor would discuss the psychology of stress and how it effects pain. Maybe there is another way out of this mess.

Keep me in the loop about the tooth!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

The tooth hurts! Got the root canal and now I just need to get my crown. I have been thinking about the pain meds more seriously lately as well. The pain is real....I know that now. I am going to try physical therapy first though. I have done it before but never stuck with it long enough. It seems to hurt more than help. The new PT is suppose to be the best in town with patients that have the same things wrong with them as me.

Glad you are feeling a little better for a while. Thanks for checking on me