Notices

Try to make this as short as possible.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Try to make this as short as possible.

OK,

I have been on Sub for over 5 years. I take 8mg a day. this can go up or down because I have become so invested in this med. I am now looking to change my life. I realized this a few weeks ago. I ran out while I was pulling a trailer over the road. I had time to think and I am a nervous wreck because I am in between trucking jobs and not sure if this will be allowed with the larger transport companies. they now do hair testing. I worked so hard to get where I am but I notice how this drug is part of my daily life. It is exhausting and my family is begging me to stop. But how? I am petrified of losing a paying job due to withdrawls and am being half the man I am right now. I noticed how much different music sounded when you are able to feel on your own. I am mantally crippled right now.

My kids rely on me and my x is drunk daily. I get no time to stop worrying about this situation. My fiancee has had her fill too. And of course I spoke to several attorneys about this and it is not all that easy to just take the kids from her. I have been through it all with this situation. I want to be myself again. My sex drive is a joke and I have not lifted a weight in 2 weeks. I was in great shape when I was taking norcos daily. I feel like staying in bed and my girl has to wake me up every morning. I feel like that will only get worse if I try to quit sub.

Am I on target with these concerns or am I way off? When I get stressed I run out to my car and take another piece to help sleep but it is so much in my mind. 5 years is a long time. Many folks say detox will be almost impossible with my daily routine. I have no idea what or how. I really need a hand with a realistic taper. Is it that bad? Can I stop cold turkey and stick it out? I have to do something if I want a normal life. the doctor is a joke and can care less about me. Money is tight and I need to work or I would just take 30 days to get this over. I am confused and my heart is aching from my guilt and dependence over this drug for starters.

If I could quit with no withdrawls, I would give my right arm. I am so worried about being dope sick and I am not going to waste more time thinking about it daily.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi goaliesedge, welcome to SR! Sounds like you have a lot to deal with right now and are realizing the suboxone has become a problem instead of a help anymore. We aren't allowed to give medical advice but we can share our stories.

I'm currently on 12mgs, and am 2/3 of the way through a six-month taper that I am doing with my suboxone doctor. He insists on six-months no exceptions. I have concerns that will be too soon. But I also don't want to be on subs for years either.

Is it all possible for you to see a different doctor? Or maybe a clinic that might guide your taper? There is a website, Home that might have information and even tapering schedules. And if you read through this forum you will see that a lot of people are able to successfully get off of suboxone and without necessarily having to go through the types of withdrawals that happen with other opiates. Since Suboxone stays in the body for 24-36 hours it is possible to taper down. Some of folks here have gone through a slow taper and had few if any symptoms.

So keep reading and posting. Take care.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

goaliesedge i wish u luck. Pls dont give up and i hope there is some1 on this site who could give u their experience which cud help u. Im sorry im a newbie 2 subs and although i cant help u here u have given me a new view on this drug. Best of luck hang in there.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Job

I was clean and clear from everything for 7.5 years until I had a compound fracture to my leg, got stabbed and beat with crow bars trying to break up a fight.. I am taking the jump off subs in 7 days.
What I can tell you from experience and the reason why I am getting off subs is that it is worth it. All the pain and suffering is worth it. You hit it head on with the music comment. Your whole life will be that good. Everything is better when sober. You are free. No chains holding you down, no doctor visits, no more planning vacations and work around when you get a script with fear you will run out... It has taken me a year to realize no amount of money is worth crawling through life like we are. Yes we can go to work but that cloud over us is always there. It is no way to live. It can be done. If you have the money to skip the job and can take 30 days to detox and adjust I would do it! Good luck