Notices

"ideal" dosage

Old 10-08-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alive & Kicking

Arrow "ideal" dosage

Background: Im a 5 year heroin addict, tried suboxone (bupe) several times, rehabs, "herbal" detoxes, medicated detoxes... and this is my 2nd attempt with methadone.

Why back to methadone?
1.I didn't "quit" MMT voluntarily. I was on probation and told I was going to this stupid six month outdoor drug rehab thing... that or prison.
Of course, such a program did not exist and I ended up doing a speedy and painful detox, at which i walked out around 20mg because it was too fast and painful and there was this "deadline" my lying P.O. made up... didn't get locked up until 6 months later... and came to find out probation officers cannot make you quit a legal medication.
Other than that horrible end, it worked pretty well.
2. I don't know if this has ever happened to anything else, but upon my release from prison, i went back to a bupe doctor ASAP knowing myself. Soon enough, i had a need for the bupe and it worked, went to Mexico all good.
Fell off, got down t 88 pds, large habit etc, and the suboxone no longer worked. It had no effect regardless of the dosage. I gave it several days, and was patient.... the drug no longer works for me.

Anyway, i am at 90mg... last time I believe my "stabilized" dosage was 130mg. At this clinic, you can only go up 10mg/wk.
I know i want to be at 100mg at least, but what would you guys consider an "ideal" dosage...?
What factors do you think effect this?

Thank you
thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have only been on Subutex or Suboxone, but I would just keep working with your doctor to find a dose that works for you. No one's body is the same, therefore no one's ideal dosage will be the same.

I would just make sure that you are not getting hung up on the number. Sometimes we think that we need a certain amount to be okay and thinking that we need a specific amount can affect whether a lower dosage will work (not saying that it is all in your head, just saying it is something to consider).

I hope you find the right dose soon however, it must be uncomfortable to have to keep waiting weeks to reach a point where you feel comfortable.

Maylie
Old 10-08-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

AS others have suggested you really need to see your Dr or the prescribing health professional Sadie.

Ideal is not an absolute in these situations.

It's simply against our rules to either ask for or give that kind of advice here, and for obvious reasons.

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.

I understand that all who shared are well meaning and trying to
give information that might or might not be suitable...however what happened to you and how you overcame it may well keep someone else from seeking professional assistance.

Thank you for honoring our posting rules
This thread is closed.

D