Notices

Methadone Withdrawal: Diary

Old 09-01-2011, 12:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hang in there hatedrugs. It DOES get easier in time. Although I STILL have issues at times with sleeping, and I've been off it for well over a year now.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think I am on week 7??? At the beginning of the week I had some bad stomach aches, sneezing has persisted and I've been VERY emotional. I spent the last 2 weeks by myself which was pretty hard. Im still really weak and sometimes I cant eat anything which hurts my stomach. I have been taking some ProBiotics and I have no idea if its helping or making it worse.

My sleep is ok, only if I have something to help me fall asleep. The worst part of this withdrawal is that my emotions are just all over the place! In a week I will have only 1 good day, and I'll get out of the house and feel great, but then I'll crash the next day when I feel worse, I'll feel very depressed and hopeless.

My body is very weak, if I play any sports like baseball or soccer my body just cant handle it. I've been wanting to work out but no matter what I do my body will just not heal. I've worked out 3 times a week and Im always sore after, even if its something small. Before coming off the methadone I could play sports, lift weights without much problem, my body would heal up after a couple days then I could workout out and not be sore. Now its almost like im in a constant state of being sore, I can especially feel it in my back and torso. So Im gonna keep on testing myself and working out but it just feels useless.

The later it gets in the day, the worse I feel. Things are getting better, but its sure taking its sweet time.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FT

Hi hatedrugs,

Thank you for sharing your progress.

It may not make you feel any better, but it took me about 3 months after quitting oxycodone to feel like I had some of my old energy back. It may be different with methadone, but my guess is the pattern is similar.

I'm at 8 months now, and I have actually felt better and better each month, and I am continuing to improve even now. You've probably already read the PAWS websites, but if you haven't, it would be a good idea to track your progress. Recovery from opiates -- and you got a double whammy with both oxys and methadone -- take time. It doesn't look possible to circumvent the steps needed to accomplish it.

So, please hang in there. A lot of readers are hanging on your words, so knowing your progress here is more important than you know.

FT
Old 09-06-2011, 06:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HATEdrugs View Post
I think I am on week 7??? At the beginning of the week I had some bad stomach aches, sneezing has persisted and I've been VERY emotional. I spent the last 2 weeks by myself which was pretty hard. Im still really weak and sometimes I cant eat anything which hurts my stomach. I have been taking some ProBiotics and I have no idea if its helping or making it worse.

My sleep is ok, only if I have something to help me fall asleep. The worst part of this withdrawal is that my emotions are just all over the place! In a week I will have only 1 good day, and I'll get out of the house and feel great, but then I'll crash the next day when I feel worse, I'll feel very depressed and hopeless.

My body is very weak, if I play any sports like baseball or soccer my body just cant handle it. I've been wanting to work out but no matter what I do my body will just not heal. I've worked out 3 times a week and Im always sore after, even if its something small. Before coming off the methadone I could play sports, lift weights without much problem, my body would heal up after a couple days then I could workout out and not be sore. Now its almost like im in a constant state of being sore, I can especially feel it in my back and torso. So Im gonna keep on testing myself and working out but it just feels useless.

The later it gets in the day, the worse I feel. Things are getting better, but its sure taking its sweet time.
Instead of working out or playing ball, how about a mild jog or something just to get your heart pumping and blood flowing good. Hang in there bro.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

Thanks for posting this, HD. I'm currently tapering off of methodone. I'm scared out of my mind, but I figure it's going to suck whenever it happens, so it might as well be now. I was a heroin addict for about 3 years (pain pills before that), and I've been on methadone for 2.5 years. My regular dose was 80mg/day, and I'm down to 15mg now. I'm hoping that by SLOWLY tapering down to 5mg/day before I get off of it completely, it won't be so bad.

Am I fooling myself? Does anyone know how 5mg pills compare to 3mL of liquid?

Thank you all for being here, I'm really going to need a community that understands what I'm going through.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AndImAnAddict View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new here.

Thanks for posting this, HD. I'm currently tapering off of methodone. I'm scared out of my mind, but I figure it's going to suck whenever it happens, so it might as well be now. I was a heroin addict for about 3 years (pain pills before that), and I've been on methadone for 2.5 years. My regular dose was 80mg/day, and I'm down to 15mg now. I'm hoping that by SLOWLY tapering down to 5mg/day before I get off of it completely, it won't be so bad.

Am I fooling myself? Does anyone know how 5mg pills compare to 3mL of liquid?

Thank you all for being here, I'm really going to need a community that understands what I'm going through.
If you're down from 80mg a day to 15 mg day already, you're doing pretty good IMO. Everyone is different though. I went from 60 mg to 0 mg in about 7 months.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I havent posted in here for a while because I went on vacation for the first time in 3 years, and man it felt so good! The withdrawals are still affecting me, my stomach is calming down (very slowly) and the rest of the symptoms like sneezing, hard to stay asleep and Random bouts of rage are still plaguing me.
I will try running for exercise, Im also going to see a naturopath in a couple weeks, hopefully he can help me out.

My mood has been AWESOME! I am a lot happier and my complection looks a lot healthier as well (friends have told me). I have a more appreciation for little things now, and I've been able to visit my old friends and enjoy being with them.

One thing that has not changed yet is my fear of girls... I am scared to talk to girls. I have a couple friends that have tried to set me up on dates but I get all nervous... and start to sweat. THAT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! Im a stand up comic and I find it a lot harder to talk infront of people too. I am going to do a show the next couple of weeks and HOPEFULLY it goes well... I guess the last time I did stand up I was medicated, which made it harder to remember my jokes, hopefully doing it sober will help me.