Notices

getting ready to start sobo treatment

Old 03-13-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

getting ready to start sobo treatment

i was needing some advice on that thanks
Old 03-13-2011, 10:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, I have been on/off suboxone for a few years and currently on day 10 of detox from it after an 8 month run. If I may suggest....PLEASE don't stay on it long, if you can use it just for a few weeks and do a fast taper you should feel no discomfort. Also, start at the lowest dosage you can (less is more). It is very difficult to come off of it once you are dependent on the medication. I hope this is not considered medical advice as I don't want to break the forum rules, just some personal experience that may help you.

If I were to do it over, I would have told all my friends and family, and asked for support as I only want to use it short term. If you feel you need it as a maintenance and plan to stay on it long term, just know you will have some pretty bad wd's once you stop.

Best of luck to you and feel free to personal message me with any questions, I have been on this stuff for quite a while (well, now finally off and still detoxing) and maybe I can help.

Mods I apologize if I issued any medical advice, was trying not to, just wanted to give some insight as to what this person can expect.