Notices

Help with Methadone

Old 05-15-2010, 11:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help with Methadone

I got into this mess by the help of an aquantence and my own stupidity and ignorance. Heres my deal, about six months ago I would take a 5mg of Methadone every once and awhile for fun? Last two months been taking 10-15mg aday. I need to stop. what am I in for? I educated my self to the best of my ability last couple of days on this site and others. Im very afraid, I last took 15mg yesterday and none today.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You were taking it for "fun" ? You didn't have any pain or drug addiction?? All I can say is God help you.

Good thing you never got over 15mg a day. But it still will not be easy.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I know. Ive never done any drugs for years just the usual stuff when I was younger. Believe me I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Once I started have these cravings and wierd side effects I started looking into what it is, and I say again because of my own bad judgement I just didnt know.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Yes I know. Ive never done any drugs for years just the usual stuff when I was younger. Believe me I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Once I started have these cravings and wierd side effects I started looking into what it is, and I say again because of my own bad judgement I just didnt know.
its like bad flue at furst lowrider .dont take eny more ,
Old 05-15-2010, 02:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

torcher springes to mind .dont do eny more
Old 05-15-2010, 03:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I dont mean to bother you but what do you mean?
Old 05-15-2010, 04:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I dont mean to bother you but what do you mean?
dont torcher yourself by keep taking methadone . thats wat i meen the cumfy bubbel it creates is false . and hard to brake free from
Old 05-16-2010, 06:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

well today is the start of day two. feeling ok other than a little nervous and restless. But Ive seen from these forums that it really dosnt start getting bad untill day 3 or 4 is that true? trying to stay possitive and turn it over to GOD. Just afraid of the unknown.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

well today is the start of day two. feeling ok other than a little nervous and restless. But Ive seen from these forums that it really dosnt start getting bad untill day 3 or 4 is that true? trying to stay possitive and turn it over to GOD. Just afraid of the unknown.
I think its true to say every one is differant lowrider.in detox some of the younger lads were climing trees playing football every day through detoxing.
but it was all i could do to sit up staight in my chair.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

lowrider,

have you been taking the methadone for very long? i think you may be doing pretty well so far cuz you haven't been hooked for long? there is also the psychological component - when my b.friend missed one day by day three he was a wreck. the half-life of the drug stays in your body for awhile, so day two prob. not too bad because of that.

there are things you can do to ease your symptoms, like taking kaopectate and drinking gatorade, warm baths. i would say do a search on your computer and get a lot of support. there is a message board called heroindetox.com in which they are very encouraging of getting and staying off.

good luck to you
Old 05-16-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I would use it 5 mg off and on for about a year. Then the inopportunity to get a supply came right when I was experiancing alot of stress and started taking the 15mg tablets for the last two months.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Is ther anyone who's been where Iam now?
Old 05-16-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Why did I do this? how supid of me!!!! If my wife were to find out it would just kill her, and I love her to much to put her thru this. Im afraid of the unknown to come. I wish I could turn the clock back two months ago. I dont ever want to go back to this S**t again. I have afew 5mgs left If I where to take one when the symtoms of withdraw come will it start me all over again? would it help? will it be considered a tapper? Just scared, some people seem not to have much problems coming off some dont. Has anyone had experiance simular to my use? My sons birthday party is next weekend and graduation the week after. Am I going to be sicker than a dog with people over. Im just so p**sed at my self.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lowrider

This forum is never that busy - and it's the weekend to boot.
People will post

I have no experience with this drug but you've already seen the responses here - I think it would be a retrograde step to take some if you've already had days off.

D
Old 05-17-2010, 06:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Its Monday feeling Ok other then some anxity, water eyes, lack of motivation. I just hope it doesnt get worse. Havnt taken any since friday 11:00am
Old 05-17-2010, 06:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Its Monday feeling Ok other then some anxity, water eyes, lack of motivation. I just hope it doesnt get worse. Havnt taken any since friday 11:00am
I think you'll be just fine....

Take this as one of those hard lessons learned I was telling you about earlier!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=lowrider;2600022]Why did I do this? how supid of me!!!! If my wife were to find out it would just kill her, and I love her to much to put her thru this. Im afraid of the unknown to come. I wish I could turn the clock back two months ago. I dont ever want to go back to this S**t again. I have afew 5mgs left If I where to take one when the symtoms of withdraw come will it start me all over again? would it help? will it be considered a tapper? Just scared, some people seem not to have much problems coming off some dont. Has anyone had experiance simular to my use? My sons birthday party is next weekend and graduation the week after. Am I going to be sicker than a dog with people over. Im just so p**sed at my self.[/QUOTE

IF you take eny methadone now you will be back to square one. lowrider
there is a good chance if you have only been in continual use for 2 monthes
you will getaway with the worest symtomes.
but if you continyou to use the withdrawels only get worse
and the fear of withdrawel gets worse to ..
Old 05-18-2010, 05:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=jazz66;2601288]
Why did I do this? how supid of me!!!! If my wife were to find out it would just kill her, and I love her to much to put her thru this. Im afraid of the unknown to come. I wish I could turn the clock back two months ago. I dont ever want to go back to this S**t again. I have afew 5mgs left If I where to take one when the symtoms of withdraw come will it start me all over again? would it help? will it be considered a tapper? Just scared, some people seem not to have much problems coming off some dont. Has anyone had experiance simular to my use? My sons birthday party is next weekend and graduation the week after. Am I going to be sicker than a dog with people over. Im just so p**sed at my self.[/QUOTE

IF you take eny methadone now you will be back to square one. lowrider
there is a good chance if you have only been in continual use for 2 monthes
you will getaway with the worest symtomes.
but if you continyou to use the withdrawels only get worse
and the fear of withdrawel gets worse to ..
I have to agree with Jazz. Just tough it out at this point. And NEVER look back.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey Lowrider, man i hope you are hanging in there, i been thru what you are going thru. You can make it, even if you mess up or have doubt, it seems from your posts that, you may be lucky to get by with out too much pain.
The only way out is through!
Old 05-26-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I havent taken any pills but I Have been drinkiing. God help me!!!!