Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox
Reload this Page >

Having emotional pain and physical pain at the same time is no fun.

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just saying...
Old 05-14-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No fun at all . i think thats why its discribed as a rollercoster ride. all the fun is at the end
good luck man thats when i would put funny vids on
Old 05-14-2010, 10:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm just want to be happy again. I'm sick and tired of being depressed. I think in a way, Methadone numbed some emotions , and now those emotions are back and it's tough to deal with...
Old 05-14-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

without a downt thats becasue your were you are in your stage .im only saying this because it might help . i lost my son when on methadone and dont think i greved properly
untill i was off the stuff . the emotions all come back real hard . its normal
Old 05-14-2010, 11:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

snowman i carnt put in to woreds wat other people have said and carnt remember ther names but this is the head games thay were talking about
just stay posative .....depreshion i no and have never admited but its on and of for me eny way
Old 05-14-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowman76 View Post
I'm just want to be happy again. I'm sick and tired of being depressed. I think in a way, Methadone numbed some emotions , and now those emotions are back and it's tough to deal with...
I'm not trying to be your dad again but dont forget you have done nearly 9 monthes off tappering every drop another depreshion so your used to depreshion if thats possibull ..depreshion .recoverd. deprshion recoverd.depreshion.depreshion .recoverd. thats tappering .but your out the other side now . it wount last for ever.and thats what you have to keep in mind...
good luck
Old 05-14-2010, 01:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jazz alot as to do with my wife...well separated wife, it was tough to deal with while on methadone, but almost unbearable now that I'm off. I'm going to therapy on Tuesday. But I think a heart to heart is coming soon we will need to figure out which way things are going to go. If it's just not going to work out, then I think we need to head in that direction, so I can hit rock bottom and hopefully pull my self back up (with alot of help from friends and family), on the other hand, maybe i'll get lucky and we can start from the bottom and see where it takes us. I don't think I can take her living in the basement for too much longer when there are some raw feelings and emotions that will not go away as long as she's there.

I know that she likes being close to her son, but I think we all 3 deserve to be happy. And it's just beginning to be too much for me to handle on the inside. I do not think I'll ever get better as long as she's living there, unless we atleast give it a shot at trying to get better....baby steps...that's all I'm asking.

I realize I made some huge mistakes during our relationship, and I think me just letting her walk out the door that night over 8 months ago was a mistake. She gave me hints that she wanted me to convince her to stay, but I wasn't there enough mentally to realize it and just let her walk on out.

Jazz I'm glad you had someone with you during your process. I'm sure it made it alot easier , versus doing alone....not that I've been alone though this, I've had support, but not the companion support that I really needed, or need now rather.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

snoman all i now is mend your self depreshion now is at it worst . and beleve me it all seems bad .. and i dont now your situation ,,,
but wat ever it is ... it feals a lot worse becouse you depresed that dep depreshion your fealing dont last as long as you think.
you no my story so i ant going to repet it . but good things happen .
Old 05-14-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sure I'm making it out to be worse that what it really is....

Something good to happen in my life is way over due and hopefully something will give soon.

I did overcome a very powerful drug dependency, but as of right now, it's not making want to jump for joy.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know this is of no help but ime about 3 weeks of being a 10% er 12 monthes of methodne its unreal .
you have to live it ..
Old 05-14-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowman76 View Post
I'm sure I'm making it out to be worse that what it really is....

Something good to happen in my life is way over due and hopefully something will give soon.

I did overcome a very powerful drug dependency, but as of right now, it's not making want to jump for joy.
It wount man your doinging it for you
Old 05-14-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's pretty common for everyone to have trouble dealing with emotions and regrets and even depression once they enter recovery, snowman.

Doesn't make it any easier knowing that tho...

Have you got people to talk to?

D
Old 05-15-2010, 12:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think it's pretty common for everyone to have trouble dealing with emotions and regrets and even depression once they enter recovery, snowman.

D
fear coment sorry
Old 05-15-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jazz66 View Post
fear coment sorry
fair coment sorry
Old 05-15-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

D
It made it easier for me dee just nowing ......
Old 05-17-2010, 05:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

D
Your right it doesn't make it easier and I know it's a phase that hopefully wont take to big of a toll on me.

I have been seeing a therapist but there is really only so much she can do.