Notices

tappering of methadone

Old 03-06-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tappering of methadone

has eny one ever tapperd off methadone sucssesfully
because in my exsperians every time i was droped down ,what ever size the dose i felt the w/dfor 4 to 5 days then felt ok.
and after numeros cut downs and fealing the w/d every time for 4 or 5 days
i finaly got to 0 and wasent realy ready for what that ment in my mind i was thinking 4 or 5 days this will be over
becasue ive tapperd down to next to nothing how bad can it be.
well for me and me only it was the same as coming off a larger dose
but i was worn out by all the previose tappering and always went back on it.

to eventaly get free i had to hit it head on with all my strength at the start
and get it over as quickly ass possibull.

does tappering down even make that drop to 0 eny easier for some people
i dont no . but it dident for me.

in detox thay tell you its the same coming off 50 mill as it is coming of 10
if this is true why do docters tapper people .

just curious if enyone nows the answer.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think once you become physically and mentally addicted its a whole different ball game and tapering is very very hard or any method of quiting is for that matter.

I think you can be physically dependent only and just need help getting past the withdrawls and a support system and can kick it much easier than somone who is both physically and mentally addicted.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

IM only ascking the question becasue in the detox i went to every one had to do a 10 day detox it dident mater if you were on 150 mill or 50 mill it was 10 days . and every body seemed to be in the same state.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jazz66 View Post
IM only ascking the question becasue in the detox i went to every one had to do a 10 day detox it dident mater if you were on 150 mill or 50 mill it was 10 days . and every body seemed to be in the same state.
and then when i was the most vulnerable i have ever felt in my life we were
made to sit throught NA AA smart even a priest came in trying to recrut all the lost soals.
because thats how it looked from were i was sitting
yes we were all made to sit there becasue if we dident we got red carded
and 3 red cards and you were out on your ear.
and in the meetings all i wanted to no was the truth .no one ever told me the truth not the staff not other addicts not NA AA SMART .i dident asck the priest.but may be i shud have .
i was being relest from detox after a 1 month detox 10 days to get of meth and 18 to recover .
and that was the question how long will it take to recover
how long will it take to just function
how long will it take to feal normal even normalish would do.
there were all thease people who new the answer but all i ever got was
every ones differant.
im quit shure there isent that much in it from one person to the next
iim goint to anwser the question for people like me who diden want it suger coated . the best i can . a very very long time .
i wish i had been told the truth i realy do.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

my wife just read what i put
and she said to would you have done it if you new it was going to take
so long .yes yes yes and yes again in a hart beat
Old 03-08-2010, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

I've never been on methadone, so take my experience for what it's worth. I was on massive quantities of opiates and benzos when I detoxed cold turkey.

My acute detox lasted ten days, meaning it was ten days before I could consistently make it to the bathroom on time, ten days before I could close my eyes for more than half an hour at a time, ten days before everything that hit my stomach felt like it was coming back up. I began detox many times over the previous two years, always using before I got the whole way through it. This time, I wanted to be free--and I refused all "comfort meds" offered.

It was a month before the chills and sweats abated. It was three months before I had predictable bowel movements. It was a year before I slept on anything close to a regular schedule.

I would not have been able to stay clean under those circumstances without a program of recover -- NA and AA. I'm not saying that's the only way. I'm saying that's what worked for me. "Alone" or "cowboy" wouldn't have cut it. I had to admit I didn't know the first thing about staying clean and learn from others who'd learned from others who'd learned from others.... you get the idea.

Good luck. Now that you're out and waiting out this protracted detox, what do you plan to do?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 03-08-2010, 08:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm currently down to 7.5 mg from the 60mg I was taking last September...

I've done this with no comfort drugs, but I've rec'd tons of support from people on here, family, and friends.

On April 1st, I'm going down to 5 mg a day....

The worst withdrawal so far is the cramps in my legs...they irritate the hell out of me! Reminds me when I was a young boy and would be up all night with leg cramps due to growing pains..and for that I used a heating pad on them. Now I just take 2 alieve @ night, along with 5mg of methadone. And for the most part that suits me fine. I've also notices my sinus's start acting up when I drop down as well...

Keep at this jazz!! You've gone too far now to go back!! You can do it!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That is absolutley awesome bro. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks sugah im not doing eny progams what so ever.
somtimes i feal like im going crazzy with the lak off sleep .
its worth a lot to me to no what im going through is normal.and your the only person who
has put it clearly
its soal distroying going to work day after day with hardly eny sleep .
so far my recovery plane is just dont take enthing because .i thought after 6 or 7 years away from the drug seen completly and just on methadone.i had mentaly beten that part
off the problem .and so far i have .no using thought at all
so i gess ive got a few monthes to go before sleep comes back to normal.and ill try and stop moning about it.

snowman im with ckbeep.you are doing awesome like you im in this for the long term
and have no intention off going backwords,

its just good to no there is a light at the end off the tunnal.

becasue at times i think this is it for me never going to sleep again fealing agziaty a lot off the time . and prety empty a lot off the time to. no gas . and no motivation

but that might be becasu i dont sleep much i hope

thanks for your replyes. have to go to work now . no sleep again.great
Old 03-09-2010, 10:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

wow i got 7 houres sleep last night even wok the misses up snoring
a nice deep sleep .
makes a change not listening to her snoring LOL
every time i get agood kipp all my angzitey goes away
and the energy is back .feal normal to
its going to be a great day
i dont wish so sound conseted but after a good kipp

its good being me.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Awesome news Jazz!! I cannot wait to be Methadone free with you....taking it nice and slow though, don't want to mess up a good thing.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

somthing to look forwerd to snowman i tend to post on here when im fealing down.
so i thought id post when fealing good for a change id hate for you and other peopley .to think its all bad.
its that i havent got my proper sleep patern back its going like this at the moment.ill get a couple of houres sleep each night for about three nights
and feal low mood and angziaty but the angziaty isent realy that bad.
but anoues me because for the next two or three nights i get a good sleep
and think yes im over it. becasue i feel so good.
this has been going on for a long time last week i got 14 houres sleep in one go then saterday sunday monday about 2 or 3 houres every night
i should be greatfull because thats been the main problem since the enitial
withdrawel .ive had all my checks done bloods thiroud and everything ells
and am in good health.ive even lost 4 stone in weight since stoping the methadone my sweet touth has misteriasly gone. so its all good realy

I must addmit i was tempted to get some sleeping pills off the docter
but changed my mind when sugha confermed that it takes 12 monthes to get your sleep patern back
i was hopeing when people told me everyones differant i would be one of the lucky ones .and i gess i am apart from the sleeping.

snowman i can tell you have the right mental aproach to this and thats what you need
i new from day one of quiting i was going to do it and have never thought othere wise. methadon just isent for some off use.
good luck stay posative we always get what we want if we want it enoff.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Jazz I'm copy'ing this from another site, you may already be practicing some of this, but figured it may help since you are already "on the other side":

This is a list of what we have used to offset withdrawal symptoms. Double up on RDI of all vitamins as the body of an addict has depleted our natural supply. You must replenish and exceed that.
When purchasing vitamins, etc., make sure they are liquid, chewable, soft gel or injectable as most addicts (definately opiate/methadone users) gut does not function properly.

vitaminsthatwork.com CalMag & NaturalCalm we drink this 4-5 times daily
getcanadiangrugs.com B12 injections 1 shot per week for the firtst 2 months
Triple strength fish oil w omega 3,6,9
Milk thistle & alpha lipoic acid
Full spectrum amino acids 1300
L-tyrosine
L-glutamine
Chewable multi-vit
Valerian root or melatonin (for sleep)
Predigested protein

We drink a lot of water. No coffee, no caffeine, no sugar, no red meat...it will make you feel worse. Try to eat fresh fruits, vegetables as they have vitamins, nutrients, etc....by cooking them or changing their structure will deplete the vitamins, etc. so eat it raw. Fidh, chicken and eggs are good to eat once you incorporate food into your diet. Prior to that, you will need nutritional supplements.

We tapered from 110mg. methadone from Aug.'07 to 7mg. March 6 and went cold turkey from there.
We reduced by 5mg. per week down to 45mg., then 2mg. per day thereafter down to 7. That is a fast taper and there is no way our bodies had time to catch up but thus far it has made a world of difference.

Your frame of mind is an important aspect of this detox Stay positive with your eye on the prize. After only 7 days we are both experiencing a mental clarity we haven't had in several years.

Best of luck and there are other remedies in my journal. Anytime I can help...please do not hesitate to contact me.

The site I got it from is called "http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/6399"
Old 03-11-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

tThanks snowman ill take a look at that site
Old 03-11-2010, 01:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowman76 View Post
Jazz I'm copy'ing this from another site, you may already be practicing some of this, but figured it may help since you are already "on the other side":

This is a list of what we have used to offset withdrawal symptoms. Double up on RDI of all vitamins as the body of an addict has depleted our natural supply. You must replenish and exceed that.
When purchasing vitamins, etc., make sure they are liquid, chewable, soft gel or injectable as most addicts (definately opiate/methadone users) gut does not function properly.

vitaminsthatwork.com CalMag & NaturalCalm we drink this 4-5 times daily
getcanadiangrugs.com B12 injections 1 shot per week for the firtst 2 months
Triple strength fish oil w omega 3,6,9
Milk thistle & alpha lipoic acid
Full spectrum amino acids 1300
L-tyrosine
L-glutamine
Chewable multi-vit
Valerian root or melatonin (for sleep)
Predigested protein

We drink a lot of water. No coffee, no caffeine, no sugar, no red meat...it will make you feel worse. Try to eat fresh fruits, vegetables as they have vitamins, nutrients, etc....by cooking them or changing their structure will deplete the vitamins, etc. so eat it raw. Fidh, chicken and eggs are good to eat once you incorporate food into your diet. Prior to that, you will need nutritional supplements.

We tapered from 110mg. methadone from Aug.'07 to 7mg. March 6 and went cold turkey from there.
We reduced by 5mg. per week down to 45mg., then 2mg. per day thereafter down to 7. That is a fast taper and there is no way our bodies had time to catch up but thus far it has made a world of difference.

Your frame of mind is an important aspect of this detox Stay positive with your eye on the prize. After only 7 days we are both experiencing a mental clarity we haven't had in several years.

Best of luck and there are other remedies in my journal. Anytime I can help...please do not hesitate to contact me.

The site I got it from is called "http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/6399"
thanks again lots off info on methadone .
Old 03-11-2010, 01:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Did you see my post at the bottom?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

not to shure
Old 03-11-2010, 01:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I gotcha..the post I pasted was the beginning of the thread, mine was the last story at the bottom..but you've heard my already anyways. Have a great night jazz.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

cheers same to you
Old 03-12-2010, 12:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowman76 View Post
Did you see my post at the bottom?
yes page is up now . put my 2 pence worth in underneth