Notices

Day 5 on suboxone

Old 05-31-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 on suboxone

Hi all, I am new here, I am on day 5 of the soboxon, get really sick on day 3 or so, my doctor is trying to figure out the right dose, I felt so good on day 2 I (like a fool) lowered my dose and got really ill, it is hard for me to get the right dose, after all I have read and I have read alot, I really do not want this for long term, I am sooooooooo happy not to be a slave to the norcos anymore, but the long term effect of the soboxon is scaring me, I will see my doctor on Thursday and we will go from there, I was taking 15 or so norcos a day, so it is nice to feel close to normal, I find I am not eating as much and unless I get the perfect amount of the soboxon in me, everything glows and I feel bad, I am just looking for some feed back, My doctor does not see this as a long term thing, but with all I have read, it is a scary drug ! Thanks for letting me chatter. I have read all the posts here and it has been really helpful !
Craig
Old 05-31-2009, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Glad you found us Craig. Have you told your doctor that you lowered your dose? Honesty is a must here! I've never been on Suboxone, I'm in a Methadone Maintenance Program and have been for nearly 4 years. I have chronic health conditions that are quite painful so the Methadone helps a great deal with that. With my DOC being opiates as well and having chronic pain conditions, I need something and I will not take any other narcotics.

Anyway . . . try not to focus on the future. Just work on today, in early Recovery, that's enough to deal with right there. Have you sat down with your doctor and set a reasonable date that you can be completely off the Suboxone? That way, you'd have a better idea of how long you're looking at.

Keep sharing, reading and if you need to chat, feel free to PM me.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 05-31-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, thanks for the hello, yes I have talked to my Doctor, he said the reason I got sick, was my dose was to high, so now we are trying to find the right dose, today I feel really good and fairly normal, I guess this is normal, but he did ask me about how long I wanted to take the soboxom, and I expressed for the least amount of time, I have a appt on Thursday, so we will go from there, but when I get the dose right, I feel pretty good, I wil keep you posted !
Old 06-02-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today I have tried taking one full pill, I took half at about 5:30am and the other half at about 6:00 am, I am ok, I am still trying to get my dose correct so I feel good all day, yesterday I took 1/4, 1/4,1/4,1/4 over a 4 hour period and most of the time I fet ok, but there were a few times I felt jittery, as I type this I am getting sweaty off and on, it will pass, I wonder how others get to a normal feeling, on Thur I will see my doc and he is planning on beginning the taper to get me off, I am not into long term especially after all I have read on all the different forums, most of what I have read on a couple of forums is from 2 ,3 and 4 yrs old posts, so have they come up with easier ways to come off the soboxom , and does anybody have any tips on what I should discuss on Thursday with my doc as far as getting off the soboxon, he is pretty cool doc, and do not get the feeling he will hang me out to dry, and I am sure there are some meds that make getting off the soboxom easier, are there ? I am on day 8 on the subs, and from the get go, had no desire to stay on long term, but like I said, from what I have read. I may not have a choice, seems it takes a long time to wein off the sub, thanks in advance for any input of suggestions !
Craig