Notices

Advice?

Old 08-25-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Advice?

Long story short I'm a pain pill addict and am over going through withdrawal just to start it all over once i finally find some. Am seriously considering going to suboxone doc and am just simply terrified. Any experience with going and what transpires would be awesome. I want to get better and I know I can't do it alone
Old 08-25-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi atmyend, welcome to Sr, glad you're here! I'm an oppiate addict too. I have been on suboxone for 6 months now. Believe it has saved my life! What q do you have?
Old 08-25-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I guess everything lol. I'm a very anxious person as it is and I guess I'm afraid of being judged, it not working, and really what all happens when you do go see the doc. How soon do u feel better? I appreciate you responding. Sorry for all the questions i am just having a hard time deciding what the best thing is to do. The only thing I KNOW is I want out of this vicious cycle. First it was hydro or oxy seriously only 10 to 20 mg a day then methadone with same mg a day then back to the first at 10 to 50 mg a day according to what I had.... I know that may not seem like a lot compared to others but this is killing me.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Atmyend,

I totally understand how you're feeling. There really is no such thing as a "little" addiction. Ok, first you will need to find a prescribing Dr. as I mentioned check the sub website for that. Your Dr. will tell you to wait until you're in full WD 24-72 hrs after last pill. You will take a sub film. And place it under your tongue and wait 15 mins to dissolve. You will probably feel 100% better, stop wds. Then you will continue next dose according to your Dr. advice. Unfortunately, I became very sick after about 2 hrs after my induction. I believe it's because my dr prescribed way to much. 16 mgs. Then another 16 after 6 hrs. I switched Dr. He lowered the amount to 6 mgs. I feel so much better now! Most people do not have a horrible induction. Please don't let your Dr. Prescribe more than 2 - 4 mgs. It does depend on the mgs of painkillers you have been taking. Just remember that with subs less is more!

I hope this helps. There are alot of us on subs here on SR. Feel free to ask any other questions.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! Going to attempt sleep now which hasn't been going good but this makes me feel much better. Hate feeling like I'm going out of my mind! I think I'm just gonna just try it. I can't be worse off than i am now! Thanks!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have unfortunately had the pleasure of visiting the suboxone on two seperate occasions and I am now off them again. The first time was easy I thought to taper off of, and unfortunately ended up with a H addiction again due to getting a serious infection which ironically I was clean. It was like a bad joke, which morphine percocet and dilluidid was needed for the pain, I was in Icu for 1 to 2 weeks I can't even recall. Long story short the h addiction started all over again and I continued to use to just not be sick. I got on subs again but I knew I did not want to live in that lonely misery of opiate addiction. I would highly reccomend getting on suboxone as it will keep your sickness at bay and is not that bad getting off of. Every docter does it different but 8 mg a day to start is MORE than enough IMO. Don't let fear dictate you from making the right choices is the motto I stick to.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm going to call today. In 48 since last pill. Any idea of how soon they see you? Curious if they will see me the same day or at least the next day?
Old 08-26-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It just depends on the doctor. Whatever happens...try to stick it out past 3 days. If you can make it through the initial detox you could just need addiction therapy and other resources other than suboxone to stay clean. Let us know how it goes!
Old 08-26-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well me and my husband are sitting in the doc office as we speak. We are going to do this together! I'm so excited and about to crawl out of my skin waiting for then to call us back! Hoping this goes well!
Old 08-26-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good luck Atmyend! You are doing the right thing by reaching out for help! I'm on suboxone too, and had ALL of the same fears that you are dealing with. There are quite a few people here at SR who take suboxone too, and we would be happy to help you out any way we can! Unfortunately I have to work in a bit and wont be back on here till late tonight, but I'll check back here then to see how your appointment went. If you're interested I will also share with you a bit about my experience while taking Suboxone. I'm now almost 3 months clean, it has been such a great tool in my Recovery so far! I hope everything goes really well for you, post and let us know when you can, and I'll be back tonight

Audrey
Old 08-26-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good luck! That was fast!
Old 08-26-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Atmyend View Post
Well me and my husband are sitting in the doc office as we speak. We are going to do this together! I'm so excited and about to crawl out of my skin waiting for then to call us back! Hoping this goes well!
Please share your experience. I am in the hell known as oxycodone addiction. I found and have visited a sub doc. My doc is not the traditional in office induction kind of doctor. He simply prescribed 8 of the 8mg strips and told me to come back in 4 days. I was terrified of taking them as I just didn't know what to expect. So. Here I sit gobbling 100-120mg a day of oxy with 8 of the strips sitting at home.

So please share your experience so I can maybe finally do what I need to do.

Good luck and congratulations on your decision to clean up.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mkintexas View Post
Please share your experience. I am in the hell known as oxycodone addiction. I found and have visited a sub doc. My doc is not the traditional in office induction kind of doctor. He simply prescribed 8 of the 8mg strips and told me to come back in 4 days. I was terrified of taking them as I just didn't know what to expect. So. Here I sit gobbling 100-120mg a day of oxy with 8 of the strips sitting at home.

So please share your experience so I can maybe finally do what I need to do.

Good luck and congratulations on your decision to clean up.
What your docter did in prescribing only 8 and wanting to see you soon is known more like a trial period to see how your symptoms are and if the dosage needs to be adjusted. Even if you relapse you should return and tell them that because the dosage might not be correct. Don't expect the same feelings as you do with oxys and suboxone because they are different drugs and the idea is not to get euphoric and learn to live normal without fixating on your DOC. Some problems associated with Methadone is the feeling of euphoria in people which is just substituited, but suboxone is less known for this.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Talking

Grace thank you and yes I would love to hear your experience with it. Mkintexas. The best advice I can give u is to stop all other opiates 24 to 48 hours after last dose( me and hubby were both at 48 hours) dump whatever pills you have in the toilet. Take your sub as prescribed and it should have you feeling much better I'd say in an hour. All this is my personal experience and just from today which was my first dose so please dont consider this medical advice. Different things work for different people. All i can say is both me and hubby feel so much better!!!!!! Like for once i feel like i can do this. Just be honest with the doc mine knew i smoke weed, cigs etc. Dont be afraid and i know I don't know u or anyone else worried over this but I'm here for anyone like they have been me. The only thing i regret is not doing this a year ago! Thank you all so much you don't know how much its helped!!!ring
Old 08-26-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better. What mg were you prescribed?

Do you have to do any counseling or iop classes?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Grace thank you and yes I would love to hear your experience with it. Mkintexas. The best advice I can give u is to stop all other opiates 24 to 48 hours after last dose( me and hubby were both at 48 hours) dump whatever pills you have in the toilet. Take your sub as prescribed and it should have you feeling much better I'd say in an hour. All this is my personal experience and just from today which was my first dose so please dont consider this medical advice. Different things work for different people. All i can say is both me and hubby feel so much better!!!!!! Like for once i feel like i can do this. Just be honest with the doc mine knew i smoke weed, cigs etc. Dont be afraid and i know I don't know u or anyone else worried over this but I'm here for anyone like they have been me. The only thing i regret is not doing this a year ago! Thank you all so much you don't know how much its helped!!!ring
I don't know about your docter but each of mine told me that as far as other illegal narcotics that are not prescribed are monitored by the DEA and could result from termination of the program. I would clarify with your docter as I. Am not giving advice just my experience.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Atmyend,
I'm glad you finally made the switch. Congratulations to you and your husband for jumping off the oppiate express! Let us know how you're doing. Also, if you don't mind the amount your doc prescribed!

Good luck!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am seeing my sub doc for the first time in a month on Wednesday. We will see how it goes. How much discomfort were you in when you took your first dose?
Old 08-26-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Mk, so happy for you! Let us know how it goes! Mk, don't think about my induction, ok? I'm positive that quacky doc made a mistake and prescribed too much! Then he didn't even answer my phone calls. Everyone else seems to have a smooth transition.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

8 mg twice a day but he said i prob only need one. Also said he really doesn't care about the weed but he knows docs that are not ok with it. Depends on doc i guess and according to how I feel now i don't think I need but one 8mg a day. Was pretty uncomfortable if say mild to moderate withdrawals