Notices

Need help paying for your Suboxone/Subutex RX?

Old 04-06-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Arrow Need help paying for your Suboxone/Subutex RX?

THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE HELPFULL TO SOME PEOPLE!

Suboxone Patient Assistance Program (RECKITT BENCKISER)

TONY
AKA MRPHREEZ

Last edited by Doug; 04-06-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Removed the links.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I believe that RxAssist only works if a doctor doesn't already have three patients using it meaning I think there is a three patient maximum. A friend of ours gets his suboxone through it (lucky guy).
Old 04-06-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Wink

LET ME SEE IF I UDERSTAND....
SO IF MY DOCTOR HAS 3 PEOPLE ON RxAssist
AT HIS OFFICE THAN THats THE MAX?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Cool

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
now that there is a special forum specifically for subutex and such maybe these would be more appropriate started there?
just seen it thanks!~
Old 04-06-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My husband and I lost our insurance coverage at the beginning of the year. I was paying almost 500 a month for my script. The receptionist a my doctors office told me about the program and told me I qualified for it. One week later, a 1 year supply of suboxone arrived at the office. I still have to be seen by the doctor every month which cost 115 per visit, But I'm not complaining!
I'm so very grateful for this program!

Penny
Old 04-06-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

AWSOME PENNY! PM ME PLEASE! i have a few questions about the program!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Me too (Penny)!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I moved this here from another forum. Also, I edited the links out, (check the rules please) and I removed one single post that was only posted for baiting.

Baiting won't be tolerated any more than flaming and/or attacking.

All the rules that apply to all the other forums apply to this forum and this topic as well.

If somebody had a problem with somebody else, send a PM to the forum Moderator, or an Admin. (also mentioned in the rules)

Thanks for reading, and carry on.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for info I'm forwarding it on to a friend.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad to be reading this

WOW,YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM NOWING THAT I AM NOT GOING TO BE CRUSIFIED FOR BEING ON SUBOXIN. AFTER PARTYING FOR 40 YRS I NEEDED SOMETHING TO STOP ME FROM USEING.:You_Rock_:You_Ro ck_
Old 06-28-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Insanabile cacoethes scribendi

I learned about this program through my nurse at the clinic where I get my Suboxone. I knew that my medicaid coverage for help with chemical dependency through DSHS was going to run out soon so I talked to my nurse and she told me about the Suboxone Patient Assistance Program and that they had one slot out of the three open for the Program. So, around the end of April I got all the paperwork back to her and she said she'd get to work on it. Well, I saw her and my doctor on my appointment on the 19th and she told me she'd faxed the information and was now just awaiting a reply from the company about whether I was accepted or denied.

My nurse was very optimistic about it and told me that she'd call and let me know what the answer was as soon as she found out. While I was there I asked my doctor what he thought my chances were just to see what he would say. He told to "Not get my hopes up" too much because he tried to get this other patient on it whose DSHS medical was about to run out in a month's time, (like mine; mine'll run out on June 30th), and they denied her. He was totally making me worry and whatnot saying that the chances were very slim that I'd be accepted at all.

Well, guess what happened? A few days later; after I'd gotten home from staying the night with my sister and her family, my boyfriend goes; "Your nurse called. She wants you to call her back." As soon as I got home, feeling dread and excitement all at once because I knew exactly what the phone call was about, I called my nurse. She goes; "Hey, sweetie, guess what?" Me: "What?" "I've got good news! You've been accepted!!" Me: "Omgomgomg! Yay! Thank you sooo much!!!" I think I babbled on for a moment thanking her and the doctor and everyone there. She took it all in stride because I think she knew that my reaction wasn't at all being overly dramatic; I've had several close-calls where I didn't know how I was going to pay for my meds, or when the state was jerking me around, etc. So, she knew what a relief off my shoulders this news was.

So, now, starting on July 1st I will have a year's worth of my Suboxone for free. Which will be enough time to work on all of my problems, etc with my counselling and groups and then after about six months or so start my slow taper down to getting off of the medication altogether. I wish everyone all the best in trying to find a way to pay for this ridiculously expensive drug. My plan of attack was to try every possible angle and not give up for one second. I just kept plugging away as I knew, eventually, something would pan out; with God's help and human persistence! lol.

~Ami
Old 06-12-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have Mediciad here in Fla and i had my Suboxone covered for a while but now that i have straight medicaid they wont pay..Is there help out there to pay for my Subutex that i may be switched to tomorrow?
Old 06-12-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Do you live in Florida? Im trying to get help to pay for my script..Im on Suboxone right now but may be switched to subutex tomorrow..Thanks
Ciao
Old 06-12-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I was also told by my Walgreens that if you get their discount card you can purchase 9 Subutex for $35 And i also have a discount card that takes off $15 as well..Just wanted to let you all know
Old 06-12-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome Italian Mama. This thread is unfortunately 3 years old so you probably will not get a whole lot of responses. If you are on films you can get a $50 copayment card. Just google Suboxone copayment card. It is good thru the end of 2012. They are really pushing the films so if you have to go to Subutex or Suboxone pills generic might be your best bet. Best of luck to you!
Old 09-10-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Insureance cancelled

I have been taking suboxone for three years and the medication has saved my life. My insurance was just cancelled. There is no way I will be able to pay for the medication. Does anyone know where I can get help with getting my medication?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

italianmama34- was wondering what type of insurance you had before you went straight medicaid as I am having trouble finding a doctor in the ft myers area... I realize this is an old thread just thought someone could help
prestige is my current insurance along with medicaid
Old 08-25-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Have you gone to the suboxone website? They have a physician referral system on their site. There is also a coupon available to get one free copay per month on your sub script. I found that very useful.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Have you gone to the suboxone website? They have a physician referral system on their site. There is also a coupon available to get one free copay per month on your sub script. I found that very useful.
unfortunately, that site does not tell you if the doctor takes your insurance and as of today I have only found one pain management clinic that accepts my insurance but I have to be referred by my physician and then I have a moral dilemma as to weather I claim I need this for pain or for detox.... It's a fricken bummer!
Old 08-27-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh, wow, so sorry for your predicament. Have you tried phoning the doc listed in your area and asking them if they except your insurance? I know I had to call quite a few before I found one that did.

Do you have pain issues? If so Suboxone is used for pain as well, then you could go to the pain clinic.

Also, if you are interested in further support with your recovery. Many out patient programs. Usually run by social service organizations have doc on staff that prescribe suboxone. I am attending one now. They usually take most insurances and have a sliding scale for copays. Depending on the program, you only need to attend 1 group session per week to join.

Those are a few options. Good luck!