UNSPUN'S Story

Old 10-04-2005, 10:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blah blah blahhhhh

UNSPUN'S Story

UNSPUN'S Story which is just now starting

=I started my career of using at the ripe old age of 13. I finally talked my parents into letting me go to public school. The kids there were SO COOL! They smoked, cussed, and ditched school. I wanted to be just like them. So I was off and running. I quickly got initiated into the criminal life and started running bags of dope to different houses, people waiting in cars, so on and so on. What nobody knew was I was sneaking little testers out. I was living on top of the world. New sneakers, clothes, pager, jewlery, Pimped out!
=As time went on, Those testers began getting bigger and bigger. Before long, I was no longer allowed to do those runs. But I showed them! I started doing it on my own.Weekly trips to buy/sell undisclosed amounts of narcotics. Here I was at 16 years old, 4 cars, big stack of money, Tony Montana "Say hello to my little friend" was my idol! The world was mine!
=My parents had it with me. They knew exactly what I was doing. They told me I had to leave. So thats what I did, "I don't need you anywayz" Packed up and moved 3 hours away. At the time it was a good move because it was closer to the connect. But he wound up getting busted shortly after that.
=That was the downfall of my organization! In 4 months I sold 3 of the cars, spent all of the money I had made, and wound up living wherever I could. I never realized how much dope I did untill I didn't have any.
=I had become the people I used to sell to. I smelled, never took a shower, never brushed my teeth, living under the bridge. And nobody wanted me around. Unless I happened to be a successful criminal that day and had some money.
=One day I had an idea. I was gonna rob somebody for all their dope and money. The robbery part never took place, but I seriously injured this individual. Here come the police! Now I had been arrested prior to this, but it was all minor drug infractions. No more than 9 months in jail. But they were trying to give it to me! 21 years old and I was facing damn near 20 years! "Mom I need your help!"
=We hired an attorney and I wound up with a 4 year sentence. Now you'd think I would have stopped due to incarceration. No Way Jose! I found the connect inside and figured out how to make wine. Close to 2 years into my sentence I wound up on a max security Yard with lifers. I was a knucklehead! Standard cell search on New Years Day 2002, they found my wine. Now you have heard of the "hole"? Thats where I went. And it wasn't fun.
=By this time, I realized I had a problem and wanted to address
it. I was transfered to another institution which had substance abuse programs. Enter into my life, the message of recovery! I started attending meetings, doing assignments, and enjoying what little of a life I had.
=On Sept of 2003, I was released back into society. I quickly got involved with the fellowship. Sponsor, meetings, and service.
=Rather quickly my life came together. Got a job, house, and my children I forgot to mention earlier came to live with me.
=Everything I have recieved is a DIRECT result of me working the 12 steps. I need to always remember that. Back there in my head lurks that "Damn Travelocity Gnome" waiting for me to slack up in my recovery. He's doing his push-ups. But I'm doing mine too. My "Push-ups" are working the steps, calling my sponsor, go to meetings, and in turn, working with other recovering addicts. Because I can only keep what I have by giving it away
=As of today, I have been unincarcerated for 2 years(haven't even got a speeding ticket) and clean from all mind altering substances for 3 years and 9 months. I love my life today. Recovery IS FUN! Conventions, parties, BBQs, man WE GET DOWN!
So to all the newcomers, stick around and see what this program has to offer! We Do Recover and have a DAMN GOOD TIME DOING IT!

January 2, 2oo2

Last edited by CarolD; 01-21-2009 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Title Corrected