ras1969 My Story

Old 07-14-2010, 07:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ras1969 My Story

I was raised in a lifestyle where recreational use was ok. This is not to say I blame anyone for my addictions, I DON"T!!! By about 4th grade (I was living in Santa Cruz) I was smoking weed, not regularly but occasional use with several friends. Then we moved to a town called Prunedale things slowed down here to almost no using at all. Eventually we moved up to the foothills. I was in 6th grade and started drinking and smoking again. By high school I was smoking and using the more visual drugs every chance I got.
After high school I moved out of state for a while and chilled on the Drug use. But was back in 1989 and dove head first into everything I could.
It was at this point I made a decision to start manufacturing Meth. This was an on and off thing for about 12+ years until I finally got busted. I was sent to Prison for 2 years down to Norco (L.A) and Adelanto also in southern California. I went to CRC a program that while you are locked up allows you to do NA and other recovery programs. But like many others, I was just buying time until I was released. 2 years down the road, I have completed my stuff and am being released but need an in house program to accept me or they won’t let me out. The only Program I could get to take me was a Christian Based home in the California Central Valley. While here I remember thinking this place & these guys are a joke (how sad I was). Something kept me around though (which I now attribute to GOD). After about 2 months something started working in my life (the Lord) and I started getting my act together. This was a very slow process by my estimation but eventually I was working full time and able to make a living. By 2005 I met the most beautiful Lady I had ever met and married her in 2008 we had a son together (my first). The Lord has blessed me with much.

If any of you have been to CRC or prison, I discharged back 11/2004 it can be done just keep going forward and seeking support from the people in recovery.

May your efforts be blessed

Last edited by CarolD; 07-14-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Corrected Title per SR directions