Notices

2nd Step

Old 02-01-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Well this is something im gonna have to deal with for the rest of my life and being only 23years old im not in a huge hurry, lol. If it takes me 100 meetings to find my god then so be it.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Seeking is a good place to be.

God could and would if He were sought.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Much to our relief, we discovered we did not need to consider another’s conception of God. Our own conception, however inadequate, was sufficient to make the approach and to effect a contact with Him. As soon as we admitted the possible existence of a Creative Intelligence, a Spirit of the Universe underlying the totality of things, we began to be possessed of a new sense of power and direction, provided we took other simple steps. We found that God does not make too hard terms with those who seek Him. To us, the Realm of Spirit is broad, roomy, all inclusive; never exclusive or forbidding to those who earnestly seek. It is open, we believe, to all men.

We Agnostics
Old 02-01-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

double post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

flyer,one thing i have done in the past and it seemed to help is get a pen and paper
draw a line down the middle of the paper from top to bottom
on the left,list your old conception of God or a higher power (the one which don`t work now)
on the right side,write down what you wish it is today,somewhat suitable to you that you feel comfortable with

tear the paper in half,down the line,from top to bottom,throw the old left side away,and keep the right side.
when you think of the HP,get the paper and use it to help you get your mind focused

hope this helps

Originally Posted by FlyerFan View Post
Thank you for that, I have been struggling with this step as well and boy this was so helpful.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

It's not that it doesnt work now, its that I spent years going through terrible things and pushing away that god. I want that back now. I'm working on it.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nula View Post
I have not had a drink since December 28, 2001....I just realized in the last year or so that not drinking does not mean a person is sober...hence I have become active in AA and now have a sponsor working the steps with me. I am only on step 2, have never been a religious sort....and am struggling with believing a power greater than myself can restore me to sanity.....appreciate any insights!
You have not drank in over 10 years. Do you need a diety to keep you from drinking? The last 10 years should give you a clue.