Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 7

Old 10-14-2018, 11:45 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Donny!! Get your @ss back in this group. I can be in Pennsylvania in 4-5 hours. Don’t make me come down there. Also, you’re not an embarrassment and you aren’t bugging us. We need you here!! Everybody F’s up bro. Pick yourself up and start posting please.
Well said vipe... I can be there in around 14 hours if u need back up!
Old 10-14-2018, 11:47 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshinelove101 View Post
Omg I'm reading all of your kind sentiments from July to me re: my Mom and it's making me want to cry. Thank you so much for reaching out~ it means the world to me. I'm so happy to be back here with all of you. xoxo - Sunshine
welcome back !!!!
Old 10-14-2018, 11:48 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Nicole please don't disappear again !!!!! Stick with us and make this last x
Old 10-15-2018, 01:16 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all xx

really good to see you nichole and sunshine! xxxx

uhoh donny your going to have ur hands full if viper and daisy and strawberry heads your way xx i also say spot on viper with your reply x donny i am in the same situation and your actually doing far better than me. Don't let the guilt or embarrassment which u shouldnt have ruin the good you have done and the help you have given us all. x

I am hoping to get back to the gym this week, but i am anxious in leaving doodle for to long to himself, so may have to leave later in afo so he will only have an hour by himself until my hub comes home from work.

will check in later x have a good day all u lovely people x
Old 10-15-2018, 01:23 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-15-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

A quick one from me as I'm very busy today. Hope you're all okay and having a good Monday, the best one you can anyway. I waved my little g.son off on his first school residential trip this morning, he's back on Wednesday. It's going to be so quiet without him.

Sunshine, it made my day to see your message and then come in here to post and see yours. I've thought about you often. Welcome back.
It sounds like you've had a rough old time of it but that doesn't matter a jot, that's gone, today is all that matters and here you are. You sound ready to fight sister warrior so let the battle commence. You know what to do, you know where we are 24/7, so stick close, keep posting and just take it one day at a time. Sending you a massive cyber hug. xxx

Morning Erratic, I hope you're having a good day. Catch up later. xxx

Right well I'm off now, see you laters. Love to you all.

Oh and my thought for the day........

"A bend in the road is not the end of the road…unless you fail to make the turn. "
Old 10-15-2018, 06:25 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Morning Strawberry, nearly missed you there. Have a good day lovely. xx

Hi Erratic, don't know how I missed your post either, blonde moment or something!! Thanks for the lovely post and don't you give up trying, you've been doing really well and you've got all us here watching your back. xxx
Old 10-15-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Donny, I have a very particular set of skills. Don't test me.

NICHOLE - It's so great to see you! Keep posting.

Sunshine - You too.

Day 91 check in.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:20 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi all.
I am sober but I am really struggling at the moment. I want to drink but I know its not an option but I miss the buzz. My life feels pretty flat at the minute. I know that buzz is temporary and will take me into a Living hell so I am praying to my HP to keep me sober but I am not in a place where I am happy I am not drinking? Does that make sense??
I think I need to find some interests and hobbies.
Sorry to be negative. Just putting it out there. Am really tired today and just feel I am chasing my tail all the time and I guess I am looking for a bit of escapism.
It will pass. A fellow AA'er said to me yesterday, if it's a sh$t day make it a short day! Am going to bed.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:06 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all x

snitch x im sry ur feeling flat and struggling i do hope going to bed early works x you do what u have to do hun, me i would go to bed early also x dont worry about being negative we are all allowed to have our off days and its great that ur sharing hun xx

be back later xx
Old 10-16-2018, 12:32 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hope your feeling better today snitch xxx
Morning all .... Will check in tonight !
Old 10-16-2018, 12:43 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back SunshineLove and welcome back to you too Nichole

I agree with everyone else Donny - this is a support group - it's not simply a back slappers club - if you''re out there drinking you need this group more than ever.

Congrats on 90 Vipes

Hope better days are ahead snitch - the difference for me is now I have bad days - not bad weeks, months or years. All things shall pass

Hello DaisyBelle strawberry erratic and Kgirl

D
Old 10-16-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Good morning gang
Hope you're all okay and taking whatever the day throws at you. All okay here, it was very quiet here this morning with my g.son being away, it was also pitch black still at 7 a.m, I don't like these dark winter mornings and evenings. I went out for dinner last night with my friend, we've been friends since we were 16 but lost contact with each other for quite a few years then found each other again about 11 yrs ago, we try to meet up every 6 weeks or so. She doesn't know I'm an alcoholic, she has a privileged life and a much better social life than I do, which I'm not envious of, I'm happy for her, but she can have one or two drinks and stop, whereas I can have one or two bottles and then carry on till I'm out of it. We drive when we meet up so she can't drink then anyway, but she did have a glass of cider last night and was surprised when I just had a lime and soda. I may tell her next time, I'm thinking about it.

Vipes, just give us the heads up and we'll be over there with you to kick Donny boys ass, show him we mean business. Well done on day 92.

Morning Suze and I'm sorry you've not been feeling like your usual, cheery self. I hope you feel better today.
When you're abusing alcohol, you don't have to make too many decisions on how to spend your time. It's going to involve a bar, a few beers or wines in your house, and anything past that is just gravy. Because of that, you start to calcify your routines around alcohol, and you lose track of what's fun besides drinking. It makes you give less of a sh*t about what you're doing, who you're doing it with, and whether any of it is healthy or safe. It also blurs your perception of time and causes blackouts, where you're conscious but have no memory of what's happening.
When you stop drinking, you suddenly get a third-ish of your day back. That's because your days don't fizzle out at 6 p.m. like they used to. Instead of floating through your weekends and evenings in a dreamy fog, you're there for all of it. Good or bad, you're present and participating and not hitting the eject button. There's nothing altering your state of mind and experience of the situation.
The main thing you realize when you stop drinking is that alcohol is everywhere. It's in your pasta sauce. It's in your salad dressing. It's on the label of the soap in your bathroom. And it wants you back.
Like any other significant life change that affects your daily routine, it does take some solid stakes in order to make it stick. There has to be an un-fun reason to not do the fun thing. In that way, yes, I suppose you have to hit a point where the pros no longer outweigh the cons.
I know I'm rambling on a bit and I think the way you're feeling now is typical of most of us at this stage in sobriety, finding some new hobbies or interests or joining the gym, doing dance/exercise classes would probably help immensely , both physically and mentally.

G. morning Erratic and I hope your day is a good one. xx

You too Strawberry, I look forward to reading more from you later. xx

G. morning Dee, I hope your night is a peaceful one. xx

Back later, I'm going to give my car a birthday and clean it. Much love to you all.

Thought for the day....

" Since you alone are responsible for your thoughts, only you can change them"
Old 10-16-2018, 03:37 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day DB

D
Old 10-16-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Mas
Old 10-16-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Massive fight with husband . How I've not reached for the wine and fags I have no idea.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:30 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Just checking in before bed. It's been very quiet since I posted this morning.

Arghh Strawberry, stay strong, no one and I mean no one is worth drinking over. Look after yourself xx

Suze, thinking about you, I hope you are okay. Sending you lots of love. xx

Sunshine, thinking about you too, please post and stick close. xx

Erratic, I hope your evening's been a peaceful one. Catch up with you tomorrow. xx

Donny boy, you better get posting because we have plans to hi-jack you arranged if you don't. x

Vipes, I hope all is good with you. x

I hope all is good with you too Dee.x

Bluesey and Kelley, I'm sure you're both fine and I look forward to reading your next posts.

Nichole, we need you to check in too.

Well I'm off to bed now, hope to see more of you all tomorrow. Night night. xx
Old 10-16-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Strawberry, good job not reaching for smokes and booze. Hope everything clears up soon!!

Donny???????

Nichole I hope you’re hear.

So, I’m a bit beat today. I’ve got a persistent stress activated virus and meds for it. It’s been on and off for a while. Today I have a bad sore throat among other stuff.

I went off the deep end big time trying to pick out sunglasses. I don’t know what this massive distraction is doing for me. It’s an OCD and Rumination issue. Anyway, I have a proven pair that broke and I think I’m going to replace those with a little change up or something.

Also the camera I got remains unopened. However, my old camera did great on eBay so that takes 60% of the sting out of the price. I had that huge bill which really through me off track financially. It has to do with my sister. So to keep us on a great track, and not let her or her husband get stressed out about it, I bit the bullet and handed her an envolope of cash. Problem solved. I just texted, ‘Can I drop by in a little while?’ She brought it up Friday and before she could even think about it again, I put it to rest. I think she felt really scared to tell me, like I might drink or something, and not happy to take the money, but it’s only fair.

My car is packed with a tool kit that Liam Neeson in Taken would envy. I’m going for Donny.

Im going to chill. I’ve got a few smaller items for eBay, but they’ll have to wait. Tired.

Viper 🔥🐍🔥

Old 10-16-2018, 05:03 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread time gang - new beginnings
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-8-a.html (Class of April 2018 Part 8)

stay with us Strawberry -you're doing great!

D