Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 7

Old 08-29-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of April 2018 Part 7

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-6-a-21.html (Class of April 2018 Part 6)

D
Old 08-29-2018, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm out with a bad back - back soon.

D
Old 08-29-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 1
Old 08-30-2018, 12:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm out with a bad back - back soon.

D
Take good care of yourself Dee. Thanks for the new thread. X
Old 08-30-2018, 12:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Day 1
Glad to read this, this morning Strawberry 🍓, day 1 is good. Keep going. We're all here for you. X
Old 08-30-2018, 02:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm surrounded by alcohol and I want a shot to leave the hangover
Old 08-30-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Endure the hangover, Strawberry, today is as good a day as any to do it. Do you want to talk about it more? Any idea what triggered your relapse?
Old 08-30-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Thanks for the new thread, Dee, and take care of yourself. I deal with back pain as well and when I'm done here I'll be doing my daily stretches that help. I don't like taking pain relievers (even OTC) often so I do the stretches and use my oils to keep things manageable.
I do hope you get things worked out.

How is your trip going Daisy?

Quit - how are you? Day 2? Keep on keepin on friend.

Donny - It's good you are thinking about this weekend now. It will be good to have a plan in place with all that booze around you. It may seem now like it will be impossible, but it really is not. You have all the tools you need and with a little planning you will be fine. In fact, you will likely have MORE fun sober. Remember your block party here recently? You commented how much you enjoyed it sober. Thinking alcohol makes everything funner is a LIE the AV tells you so they can have their way. Don't budge, Donny, you got this!!

It's quiet around here. Vipe? Where you hiding buddy? I need my daily dose of Vipe posts to get my day on! How's your health? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Erratic, Bluesy, Suze, Nichole - everyone ok? Stop by and say hi!

Daily Stats:
Alcohol 138
Sugar/grains 10
Diet Coke 11

I can't believe I have gone 11 days without a diet coke! lol

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay strong by flexing your sober muscles!
Old 08-30-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Afternoon all sry i am not posting just usual crap going on x

as kgirl and daisy said we are here for you hun you did a very good run on ur last run and u will do it again i am sure. You are doing much better than i am, so don't feel so bad about urself hun xx

Hope your back gets better soon dee, not the same with out you around and giving out great advice x

hope ur enjoying ur hols daisy hun xx

so still here fighting the fight x cant wait to see all your posts when u can manage xx
Old 08-30-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
I'm surrounded by alcohol and I want a shot to leave the hangover
A pint of water and a couple of paracetamol will do the trick Strawberry. You can get through is. Xx
Old 08-30-2018, 11:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

At the house where I babysit can't wait till 11 to crawl home and fall into my bed .
How I didn't drink today I have no idea . The anexity is high the guilt the fear the anger are all high and I have 0 paintence with these kids . I know I'm out of the danger zone now . So I'm back on board.
My god it was hard at work ! So wanted some brandy in my coffee to snap out of the hangover ! But I know like te day before.. I just carry on all day .
How did I slip? I was out for dinner an was pushed wine on me by a friend and my husband. I promised I would stop at one glass ... But they topped it up and again and it felt so darn good .
Vipe ... Nicole ... Where are you all its way to quite around here !
Old 08-30-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Kgirl, thank you, I needed to hear that! I did make it through the block party and I can do this also. I need to make sobriety my #1 priority. I am going to cook, eat, and eat again😊
Strawberry, I hope you are sound asleep and on to day two💜
Erratic, Same goes for you and stay close, post, do whatever it takes not to drink💪🏼
Daisymum, hope all is well by the seaside, and that you are nice and relaxed 💜
Vipe, all good comrade??
Old 08-30-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey all

Aww strawb. Well done for not going for the hair of dog. You will feel so much better tomorrow.

I am in India . I woke up late this am my alarm didnt go off! I was all packed, uniform ironed, all organised the night before so I jumped out of bed, 5 min shower, dressed, even made tea to go and out the door make up done at work! In the car I thought about how different it would have been if I had been drinking. I would have felt like death warmed up to start with, prob sick too, would have looked awful, it would have been like walking through mud trying to get ready so quick and something else came to me... that stale taste of wine in early hours even after brushing teeth like 10 times!! It was weird, I felt like I could actually taste it and it reminded me of how awful it was!
It wasn't like that today. Yes I was rushing but it was fine. I had my.music on in the car and was drinking my tea and I got in with time to spare, got a healthy brekkie of fruit and yogurt and had a nice chilled easy flight (it was half empty yey!) and am now just sat in bed watching tv and looking forward to a well earned sleep! Oh and my uniform was soooo much looser today too! Yippee!!

I know what it is like to struggle with the desire to drink. I loved drinking. I loved wine and how the first few drinks made me feel. I still crave that feeling. But is a couple of hours of the "good" worth the days/weeks/months/years(!) of misery that follow. And thats if i make it years or even months. My alcoholism wants me dead. Years ago I was a member of Women For Sobriety. One of the mods there had a signature that said "give up one thing so you can have everything". I love that!

Off to bed now. Thank you for all being here. Night x x

P.s Dee, I hope your back is better soon x x
Old 08-30-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yesterday 10:33 AM KGirl

Hi Suze, I was just thinking this exact same thought yesterday. I'm about 4 1/2 months sober and I realized how good I feel. How everything about my life is getting better a little more each day. Kudos to you (and me!) we have fought hard to get here and should enjoy every bit of it AND use it for fuel to never, ever, ever, ever, drink again Hugs Suze

Yes kudos to you! I never want to go through those first 3/4 months again eugh! I don't even know of I would have it with me. And the great thing is, we don't have to!!

😀🤗😘
Old 08-30-2018, 03:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi my friends!! Riding tough waves here, but I’m not doing bad. I wanted to check in quick. 44 days?? I’ve been ‘busy’ which is good. Busy for me, not for most people.

Check in later. Life Coach in 5 minutes

V🐍
Old 08-30-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Donny! Compatriot.

I’m working a full time job on my health. It’s going alright. Not drinking is the cornerstone of that plan 🙄. Wish I’d realized that earlier.

I’m getting Alcat testing for 400+ Foods, additives, molds, chemicals, etc. It’s out of pocket, but my APRN thinks this is the next smart move. I trust her. If she believes in the test than I do. The test takes about 5 immune cells, like white blood cells, in my blood, and pits each one against each of the 400 or so items. The APRN likes this test because of what it does and what it could tell us. Any test is a toss up. It’s not covered, but my life is worth a lot so I’m springing for the full-boat Platinum Test, that includes everything. Remarkably cheap for what it does. My life is worth $600.

She ran a battery of Lyme and other tick disease tests because of my symptoms, just in case. This State is the worst in The US for ticks. Everyone has a horror story. Brutal. And she ran some auto immune tests. ANA. I had those done. I need to get the blood drawn for the food stuff.

She’s getting me in with an Infectious Disease Expert MD in my town to talk about that stupid vaccine and tick borne illness. He takes my insurance!

I’m getting older and all of this could simply be quitting the booze. I feel like I’m piloting an old sailing vessel through a hurricane. It’s been really rough. But I also feel there is a destination.

I’m getting things done while feeling pretty bad. I’ve improved enough for that. On a graph with a line zig zagging up and down, there is a steady rise, like a stock that goes up and down a lot, but is slowly increasing in value. That’s got to be recovery from the booze.

Ive been watch Pinky Binders 😬. Intense.

Later

V🐍
Old 08-30-2018, 08:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decided to stay sober Strawberry - at some point we have to decide to get off the merry go round.

Thanks for the kind words all

D
Old 08-31-2018, 12:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Dee is right strawb. At some point we just have to say enough is enough and accept that drinking for us will never be different, no matter how long we have stayed sober for. We will pick up right where we left off and worse. That is a fact and something we really have to find acceptance about. I still struggle with it myself but acceptance will free us from the chains.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You are doing so well Vipe and why would you put a drink on top of all that you are going through?! The very idea of that now seems so preposterous doesn't it?! Putting down the drink is allowing you to concentrate on what is wrong with you and to get well. Amazing!
Old 08-31-2018, 12:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Daisy, I forbid you to go away anymore as I am missing your daily posts too much 🤣🤣 I hope you are having an amazing time!!!! It certainly sounds like it and you deserve it!!

Hey Dee, Donny, Kgirl, Blusey, Erratic and Quit. Strawberry I hope you got some rest last night and feel better today! Rowlands, 3trees and Sunshine...thinking of you all.