Notices

Not giving up

Old 11-20-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not giving up

So even though I was determined Friday to get started on a sober life, I’ve realized you can’t just decide to do it. You actually have to work at it and stay strong mentally when that AV pops up.

I didn’t take the meds to help with withdrawals like I should have because I knew in the back of my mind I wanted to drink later that day. So today I’ve made a schedule and am sticking with it.

Tonight I’m going to a Celebrate Recovery Meeting. (Faith based 12 step recovery program.) I’ve made contact with the organizer. What’s encouraging is he told me about a bonfire meeting that will be on Christmas Day and another on New Year’s Day. I’m really glad because I know those days will be tough for me.

So basically I’m at square one still, but making progress. I did schedule an appointment with my therapist. I’m also going to ask my part time job manager not to schedule me on Monday’s so I can really do the work I need to do. That’s when the Celebrate Recovery Meeting is.

I’m not going to give up on myself. I’m going to keep pushing and trying.

Today is a new day.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's great that you're taking action, Sinderos!
Old 11-20-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to hear you are trying again today Sinderos. Did you take the meds yet?

Maybe it would help for you to write down a daily schedule of the things you need to do in order to make this happen. If you give yourself the chance to put it off until later or tomorrow you may do so. Having it written for you to see may give you a little accountability.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Glad to hear you are trying again today Sinderos. Did you take the meds yet?

Maybe it would help for you to write down a daily schedule of the things you need to do in order to make this happen. If you give yourself the chance to put it off until later or tomorrow you may do so. Having it written for you to see may give you a little accountability.
Yes, I’ve taken 2 doses and will taking a 3rd at 4:00. Last dose of the day will be 8:00. Thankfully the next 2 days I work both jobs so basically working from 7 am to 9 pm. I’m going to keep the same schedule with the meds through Thursday. Friday I’m going to go down to 3 a day.

I will write down some things I can do to stay on track. I’m really looking forward to this meeting tonight. I think it’s going to be the start of a really good support group.

Thank you all for your support and not making me feel like a loser for struggling so much.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You sound very determined Sinderos! I wish you peace and conviction in the days ahead.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
quat

Guaranteed no one around here thinks you're a loser, but everyone hopes you become a quitter

And don't let the AV fool you (again) , you do just decide to quit, anything that says you can't is AV. If you don't put your foot down and say' Enough, No more, No Matter What' the door will always be open, slam it out you can, rootin for ya
Old 11-20-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

rooting for you Sinderos

D
Old 11-20-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Have you looked into inpatient rehab? Most of us had a golden plan after we drank, just to have it thrown away once the AV starts knocking.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Guaranteed no one around here thinks you're a loser, but everyone hopes you become a quitter
Old 11-20-2017, 10:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you Sinderos. Your positive outlook and having a plan I think you can do this!