Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Secular Recovery > Secular Connections
Reload this Page >

Breakthrough with AVRT I think... am I doing this right?

Breakthrough with AVRT I think... am I doing this right?

Old 09-11-2021, 03:30 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mirrorball View Post
Just checking in to let y'all know I'm still clean! Four months today. Barely having any cravings, no connections to any sources and not missing it!
Sober life is definitely better than cokehead life... I have no intentions to do blow ever again. I got that evil ****** to release its grip on me and life is a better place as a result!
Just came across this thread. I've started using AVRT for my 20 year cocaine habit. Would love to hear how you're doing these days x
Old 09-11-2021, 04:01 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back thecoyote
D
Old 09-11-2021, 06:10 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome back thecoyote
D
OMG I just saw I've been here since 2018......that makes addiction seem so devastating. I'm gonna look to see what threads i started in 2018. Prob be same old **** that I'm feeling now. 2 years on and nothings changed..
This thread was here the whole time too.....I've only just found rational recovery thanks to Lee Butler the DJ and it's brilliant. Still trying to get my head round it but this thread just made me determined.

I like mirrorballs idea of "talk to the hand" cuz thats the part im having trouble with. Always stuck in my first week cuz it can talk me round.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi thecoyote99,

I got free from my alcohol addiction using AVRT after trying other methods. I read the AVRT threads and bought the book. I am now 4 years happily alcohol-free. I didn’t even join this site until I was almost 2 years abstinent.

Here is a fantastic thread on AVRT, it’s 6-parts: https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...iscussion.html (Addictive Voice Recognition Technique (AVRT) Discussion)

The name of the book is: “Rational Recovery: The New Cure for Substance Addiction”

Please ask any questions you have, We will be here for you.
Old 09-12-2021, 04:51 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks mate. I've read the book i'll make my way through the threads x

Old 09-10-2022, 06:16 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Back again. Still struggling with recovery. I just can't seem to get the separation down
Old 09-17-2022, 08:57 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mirrorball View Post
it's kind of painful to say no never again
I know you wrote this 4 years ago, and I haven't followed your efforts, but this really rings true with me. "Painful" is a good word to describe committing to never again. It's like "Aww Gee, never again really? But how about those times when I really want or need to do it? Just once in a while, like maybe once a month or a year?"

It was hard for me to face that "never again" unequivocally, and it kept me from ever getting around to recovery. I can't tell you how to make a true commitment, but I know that when I did, things got a lot easier, and it happened fast enough to notice. When the commitment is real, it takes the debate off the table, and really cuts off your AV at its knees, because your AV wants the debate. I made that commitment 26 years ago, and never regretted it once.