Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Secular Recovery > Secular Connections
Reload this Page >

Jack Trimpey interviewed tomorrow (11 Jan 12) online

Old 01-10-2012, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Jack Trimpey joins Monica Richardson host of Blog Talk Radio Safe Recovery for an hour of Q & A. So get your questions and comments ready and call in!
Wed, Jan 11, 2012 01:00AM (It doesn't mention what time zone) It is in the US so it will be GMT-5–GMT-8.

I don't know if I can link to this but Google the following including quotes for more information—or PM me:

site:blogtalkradio.com "Jack Trimpey Founder of Rational Recovery"
Old 01-10-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Tuesday, January 10, 2012

5:00 PM USA Pacific Time

8:00 PM USA Eastern Time
Old 01-10-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Did I even get the day wrong?
Old 01-10-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
You should call in, kanamit, ask him some questions.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If I understand the timezones correctly, it's midnight in England when the show starts. That's far too late for this early riser.

Plus, he'd tear me to pieces—I failed on his online AVRT test.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There are countless stations on that site, so it depends on the host, but blog talk radio usually allows people to enter the web "chat room" during a live show and pose questions without having to actually telephone in. I'm fairly certain, that, like SR, you need to register for a free account first in order to use the chat room feature, though.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am home, and this will start in a half hour, so I think I will listen to it live.

If you Google "safe recovery online radio" it is the first link.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I just listened to this, and two people called in before they ran out of time. JT didn't mince words with their Beasts.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have just listened to it. It was good but it would have been even better if he's spoken to some more argumentative people.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have listened to this a second and third time now. It's a bit of a shame there were only a couple of callers. A few times Jack asks for addicted people to call in but, as interesting as the calls were, I don't think they made full use of his expertise. I also thought it was odd that the host has not read RR:TNC or the Art of AVRT in its entirety.

One point I really like was he said that the disease of alcoholism is an excuse to drink with a Doctor's note.

Having said that I am very grateful to both Jack and the host for bringing us this. If you are familiar with Rational Recovery and have not listened to this yet, I recommend you do.

Also, with knowledge of AVRT behind you, it is amazing how clear the you/it divide becomes.

Finally, I don't think he like it being called 'avert', preferring AVRT.