Good days, bad days

Old 05-09-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Katie,

Since you're going shopping, have you a TJ Maxx near? I've found some cute acceptable stuff there. I very nearly bought this darling sweater and skirt at the Salvation Army yesterday but hubby reminded me I was there to drop off, not add on!

Hope your day is better.

Love,

Lenina
Old 05-09-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Katie,

Since you're going shopping, have you a TJ Maxx near? I've found some cute acceptable stuff there. I very nearly bought this darling sweater and skirt at the Salvation Army yesterday but hubby reminded me I was there to drop off, not add on!

Hope your day is better.

Love,

Lenina
Hi Lenina

Yes, I do have a TJ Maxx nearby and they do have some cute things, but Ross is cheaper and I refuse to spend more money on fat clothes that I absolutely have to. For $148 I got 10 different things and one of these was a $30 skirt (which seems high to me but it's cute).

As far as thrift stores, I have gotten some really cute things there - the problem is I've doubled in size (well - not weight but sizes ) so I can't even wear any of those cute things. Apparently wine has a lot of calories and that's what happens (or happened). But good going on the restraint! although I most likely would have bought those items if I had been you.

Hey, I am not drinking and adding wine calories so it's a great day all around! Thanks.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
I think something else that helps are my puppies. It was so cute. I was just watching them and wish I'd had my camera.
I love dogs and I would get one but honestly I don't think I'm responsible enough to take care of/raise one. I mean, I wouldn't let it die or anything (hopefully? lol) but sad to say I don't trust my caretaking skills.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eroica View Post
I love dogs and I would get one but honestly I don't think I'm responsible enough to take care of/raise one. I mean, I wouldn't let it die or anything (hopefully? lol) but sad to say I don't trust my caretaking skills.
Well, I think it's very wise to be able to know yourself about things like this (although you might surprise yourself!). I try to be the best mom I can be, but clearly I fall short and I know it. They are loved, fed, given snacks but I really have to start taking them for walks. It's just with two it's hard, as they don't know how to go for walks alone let alone together. It IS on my list of things to do as I get my act more together.