Notices

Vaping

Old 09-19-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Vaping

First I would like to point out that I have smoked cigs for 24 years.

I started at 13.

I tried vaping early on around 2009... it worked for about 2 weeks, back to cigs.

I got serious about vaping in early 2019. When I spent $80 on a device, and some E-Juice. 6mg... I was vaping like crazy. I went online and bought 12mg E-Juice. tried a few flavors, and settled on Vanilla.

That was April. I have had 12 cigs since, 7 of those cigs, is when I left my house, and 15 miles into my trip realized my vape wasnt with me.

So I bought a pack for $10.80
And a lighter...

that was 2 months ago.

I have zero urge to smoke cigs. and the smell, turns me off. The taste of a cig is disgusting.

I prefer to vape.

Now, with all the news about vaping and all the sudden deaths and illnesses? ALL of that can be attributed to THC, and black market (read home made juice)

Vaping has been a thing in the US for over 10 years, and no one cared. What changed?

Juul. Suddenly big tobacco comes onto the scene and all of a sudden vaping is bad.

If you like me that tried the gum, preferred to roll up the patches and smoke them... try vaping. Go to a local vape shop, tell them how much you smoke, and you wanna try it, with a refillable 'mod' (their called mods - the devices)

Local vape shop set me up with a aegis Legend (a virtually indestructable mod) and some juice...they show you how to put it together how to prime your coil, and how to make it work.

Ya you can save a few bucks by doing it online, but, if you never done it before, the store is worth it. Trust me. If you want to quit, this is how. Go to the store, buy a mod, and let them walk you thruogh priming, and what not.

Is it cheaper? Yes and no. So for me, I can buy when I have the cash, and float thruogh shortages with out it going stale.

my next batch of juice will be 6mg, as I want to become smoke/vape free.

the batteries (2 sets) (one to charge one to use) charger, coils (1 coil last 30 days) and the juice... so the mod itself was like $60. I get coils in packs of 3. 1 coil $5. a bottle of juice (100ml) lasts 30 days... $15..

the upfront cost is high, but theres no on going costs. for instance I spent a few hundred (under 500) before summer on batteries, chargers, juice, tanks, and coils. I have enough coils and juice to last till maybe feb... but with all these talks of bans on flavors?

I am buying enuff juice to last me the next 3 years. Seriously.

I bought a mod, to fit my lifestyle. I needed one that was virtually indestructable.... my sister, she has the Grip... she loves it.... it doesnt work for me, or my lifestyle. your options are endless with vaping. I use Falcon coils... they worse for me, I like their one button open tanks... other tanks, you unscrew the top to refill, the problem I found, is you may unscrew the coil leading to a mess...

If you smoke, full flavor 1 pack a day

try Nic Salts

If you smoke lights 1 pack a day

Sub Ohm tank, 12mg juice. 18mg is rough... 12 mg is SMOOOOTH

and yummy.

For the rest, try 6-3 mg juice.

I really like Killer kusterd myself.

And theres groups on facebook... If you want trust links I will post.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think promoting vaping is going a little too far especially in this subforum.

I know a lot of people in this sub forum vape but I think the latest cases are jut the tip of the iceberg.

Ingesting crap into your lungs is not healthy. The end.

Nothing to do with Big Tobacco - you can bet they own a lot of the vaping stuff anyway.....

D
Old 09-19-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

I know a lot of people in this sub forum vape but I think the latest cases are jut the tip of the iceberg.

Nothing to do with Big Tobacco - you can bet they own a lot of the vaping stuff anyway.....

D
Really? There was never an issue until Juul entered the arena.

Further black market Juice IS a problem... ill sell you this juice 100ml for $5....

1 DROP of nicotine will kill you.

Vaping, is helping ME quit smoking. Only now, that big tobacco is involved, now suddenly, vaping is bad?

Let me ask you this... how many MILLIONS has cigarettes killed?

300 cases of acute illnesses, out of tens of millions of vapers...

killing the flavors, kills the the competition. remember that.

Vanilla, took me away from cigs. So I as a 38 year old male, should go back to smoking because the govt says vaping is bad? thank about that.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would never suggest that

I think we can all make our own decisions, and you're free to do so regardless of how I feel about them.

I feel uneasy about vaping being promoted here, though. I always have, so this is not a new thing for me.

It is probably my problem tho cos it's not against any rules I can think of right now.

This is one of those things we I'm not going to change your mind and you're not going to change mine.

Hope you're right bout the vaping, and best wishes

D
Old 09-19-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love my juul and am stocking up on the pods. Really helped me stop cigs. Yes, I'm still getting nicotine but not all the other stuff. Bad cough is gone too.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
Bingo! I know vaping is said to be 5% as harmful as cigarettes, or something like that, and that it's basically nicotine replacement therapy, etc, but intuition and experience tells me it's bad. I used the old-fashioned e-cigs years ago, and they were okay. However, I bought a vaping device a couple of years ago and I would exhale a lot of smoke. After a couple of days I had a cough and was told that I would "get used to it" and the cough would go. That alarmed me so much I actually returned to cigarettes. Plus I know people who vape a lot more than they ever smoked, and it still contains nicotine which restricts blood flow.

Day 9 for me on the nicotine front!
Old 12-03-2019, 11:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So an update... I am still using my vape... I am in the process of switching from 12mg/6mg ( am using 2 tanks to do this) ...

My goal i to quit smoking - nicotine.

I worked in a house a month ago, we were there to paint.... the smell of nicotine (theyre chain smokers) I literally puked in my truck... literally... the smell was oh my gosh bad...

no one has died from vaping nicotine...

I have enough coils, tanks, glass, batteries, and juice to last me well past 5 years.

I have spent around $2K...

vaping isnt cheaper cash wise, but is cheaper health wise.

All of a sudden govt is taking notice because their cigarette tax revenue has fallen through the floor... thats the ONLY reason 'govt' cares...

I plan to be 100% nicontine free with in 12-18 months.

Why do I have a 5 year supply? incase *i* need it.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Why are you sharing this? [sincere question, bc I don't understand]

And, what Dee said.

Peace
A
Old 12-04-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Why are you sharing this? [sincere question, bc I don't understand]

And, what Dee said.

Peace
A
My understanding is that, like most vapers, he believes it is less unhealthy than smoking. He also believes that the tobacco industry is lobbying the government in a bid to ban vaping, or have it regulated or taxed. So he has taken precautions to ensure he's got a supply.

As I intimated earlier in the thread, I think vaping's potentially dangerous.

Day 18 on the nicotine front.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Vaping is a growing problem in many ways, especially for teens. I won't get on a soap box....