Notices

Still nicotine free and loving it!

Old 02-18-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Still nicotine free and loving it!

I celebrated 77 months without a cigarette on this 8th of this month. I only know that because of another site I go to that calculates it for me, other wise I would be multiplying and counting LOL. I am so grateful to no be smoking. I hear the cigarette tax might go up and I am very glad to not be spending my money on cigarettes for myself!!!!

The smoke free life is awesome!

Karen

Last edited by Teiger; 02-18-2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Needed to change something at the end
Old 02-18-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I stopped smoking last September but picked it up again a week ago, I tell myself that with the stress of catching my fiance using again (and on my one year sober date!! Read my post for the full story) that it is okay and will help with the stress and that I will stop smoking again after this pack....that was two packs and a week ago....
Congrats on stopping, I hope that I too will be able to stop again...but these days I am not sure of much
Old 02-18-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

I know how stress can be when trying to quit smoking or ever after you have been quit for awhile. I quit years ago and started again after 13 months of not smoking. Although I swore it was not stress, I know that there was stress going on. I have had many, many stressful times since I quit again. I take it one day at a time and know that smoking again will not help anymore then taking a drink for me. You will do it again when you are ready. Good luck to you and let me know if I can help.

Karen
Old 02-18-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on giving up cigarettes. Just so you know, if you look at the top left hand corner of the sober recovery community site, you will see links. They are Home, Resources, Sobertime, etc. If you click on the Sobertime link and enter the date you stopped smoking it will figure the time for you as well.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Thanks for that. I had not even though of that!!!!

Karen
Old 02-19-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yes congrats on that!