Notices

Last smoke

Old 04-24-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last smoke

Just had my last smoke about 45 mins ago really anxious i had another pack but I gave it to my brother because I wanted to quit. I'm worried I don't know what I will do without them but I am trying.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Good luck Pink!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 4!! Here I come!
Old 05-01-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job Pink
Ending Day 31 for me! You can do it
Old 05-02-2011, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm doing great 8 days!! Got one week. So ya it's going good, I'm getting anxious without it chewing nicotine gum right now. I'm in Kingston so away from home where there's like no internet ( except now cause we are at the library), I'm finding it really hard without internet and support of people. I think i switched addictions and now addicted to the internet and TV since I got clean because well it's like psycholoigcal withdrawl without it it's really weird.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for reminding me to change my nicotine patch....

Great job!
Zube
Old 05-03-2011, 08:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In a few hours, it will be 10 days
Old 05-04-2011, 12:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I wish you all luck!! It is so worth it. Your teeth should start to look better soon.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do it. Smoking took my Mom from me over a year ago. Take care
Old 05-07-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

13 days almost 2 weeks
Old 05-08-2011, 01:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If you have made it 2 weeks then the worst of it should be behind you. As the days go by you will find yourself thinking less and less about them. Start thinking of yourself as a non-smoker.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Awesome!!!
Old 05-15-2011, 03:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

to Pink and Hightara

Day 45
Old 05-15-2011, 03:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Congrats for all of you who have stopped smoking, you are truly an inspiration to me. It's time that I stop smoking, I'd hate to leave my daughter without a mother. Thank you

-Jess
Old 05-16-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 22!! Getting close to a month.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm really struggling with the idea I have to let the ciggies go, too. 26 with no alcohol, and I promised myself I'd quit smoking on day 30. ARGH! Well done on 22 days!!!

I have got something I can recommend for anyone thinking about quitting. Has anyone tried the Safe Cig? I bought one and it arrived yesterday. It feels like a cigarette, has the nicotine (you can chose the level, from 24mg to 0mg), tastes like one and has a water vapor that looks like smoke - and gives you the catch at the back of your throat that smokers know (gross, eh?). It's not FDA approved, but my doctor said he'd rather me have that than smoke real cigs as the harm levels are insignificant. So, 4 days left of the real thing, then it's onto my Safe Cig!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm so excited for all of you that have quit and have maintained that! I just finished reading The Easy Way to Quit Smoking by Allen Carr and am sort of getting myself mentally ready to quit. Tomorrow is the day!! I'm trying to start thinking of how exciting it is to have all that poison out of my body.
Just wondering if any of you have any tips on tricks that have made you so successful. Anything you have to offer would be helpful! I'm nervous but excited to have this part of my life done with!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Oh I read that book before the last time I tried to quit I lasted 3 months, hoping to go longer then that this time.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good on all of you!

I focused on the forums here about alcohol and tonight found you folks here. I smoked at least a pack a day from age 12, and when I quit after 46 years I was actually smoking 3 packs a day. Drinking a bunch too. I was feeling pretty bad in the mornings even though I wasn't drinking so much I was slurring or stumbling. I was chain smoking while working online from my home office. I was unable to stop drinking or smoking alone.

I arranged for a weeks in hospital detox at the VA, and instead of wasting a perfectly good detox on one drug, I figured why not quit both painlessly?

I did manage to quit in 1993 for 18 months using nicorette gum, and then fooled around with one cigarette to see how high it made me, sneaked another, and within a week I was back smoking again at least two packs a day then three. I hated that I was so stupid and that I rationalized that one cigarette as "seeing what it was like," as if from the tens of thousands of smokes I had in my life I didn't know what they tasted and felt like. Duh! I swore that if I could ever get off them again I would never fall for that "just one to see" rationalization again.

It took me 18 years to work up the desire to quit again for good. Oh sure many attempts but I would not make it half a day . . . I was hooked!

I quit drinking and smoking on 21 September 2010, and two days ago celebrated 8 months of smoke and alcohol free life. I am a non-smoker and non-drinker. I don't get cravings just an occasional reflex reaction that goes faster than it came. My wife still smokes and drinks in front of me. There are cigarettes and a bottle of scotch in the house. Quitting is a decision for me. I am not a smoking nazi, reformed preachy type. Smoke does not bother me but I am amazed at how much smokers stink. Their clothes reek! Just like mine did but I could not smell it. Just like when I was a drinker I could'nt smell alcohol on another when I had been drinking.

I am determined not to become enslaved by either addiction like I allowed myself to become again by smoking and rationalizing that one cigarette. I don't think about either much anymore. No struggling with cravings or fear of relapse.

I love my energy and sober smoke free self. Nothing, especially not me, will ever convince me to take the first step down that slippery slope ever again.

Sorry about the long post but I am encouraged by all of you and wish you the best of determined decision making to never take the first step back because the step is rigged.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This past Sunday marked 7 wks for me w/o a cigarette! Last night, totally out of the blue I was walking into the kitchen and the thought came in my head that I was going to have a cigarette...I didn't, I just shook it off but it was strange as there was no obvious trigger-- I didn't smoke in my home and I didn't smoke after 8pm and I was in my home and it was around 9pm...Last week a friend commented on how white my teeth look and she said "did you just get them cleaned?" I said "no but I did quit smoking". Other than the 6 pounds I've gained I'm really happy I'm not smoking.