Notices

mocktails and near beer

Old 07-19-2006, 06:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Margeritas! I'm going to miss those! The tequilla made the flavor really good to me -- a delicious contrast of tastes all in an ice cold yumminess, (and don't forget the sloppy buzz). I just don't see the point in a non-alcoholic one. A virgin 'rita to me is just a sour fruit taste. Oh well...

Near beer -- I've tried those in the past when I've "quit" drinking. After learning that there is still some alcohol in them, I again don't see any point in it, (and I never did find one that tasted decent).

I hear you on getting sick of all the soda products -- mainly its the high sugar content that turns me away. I also stopped using caffeine a few years back (maybe only two caffeinated drinks a month these days, maybe), so that kind of limits my choices in that regard.

(That brings up a good side point -- in my drinking days, would I have guzzled down the same amount of, say, root beer that I used to guzzle down of lager? Of course not. It was a clue, and I knew it!)

As for the "drinking ritual", I seem to get the same "feeling(?)" from holding a glass of water or juice -- it doesn't really matter for me in that regard. The difference was always what was IN the glass.

These days I'm loving cold green tea, water and lemonade with side orders of root beer.

Thanks for the heads up on food cooked with alcohol. I always thought it all burned away too. I didn't realize there was still so much of it left after cooking.