Notices

Just got a new job

Old 07-01-2006, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just got a new job

Hello all,

I haven't check in for a while. I just accepted a new position with a larger consulting firm. Wouldn't have had this opportunity if it weren't for SR and AA. I meet with my sponsor to go over my eighth step next weekend and I think I am becoming willing to make my first amends.

I took my present job only a month into sobriety and it was a real struggle. I was very rusty and thought I was in immenent danger of being fired. Over the past year I have received two raises and two bonuses. My career has been restored. I am taking a slight pay cut going to this larger firm, but I am promised a promotion within three to six months (if I do well). My current firm tried to get me to stay, offering a management position and other perks.

Man, what a difference from when I was heavily in my disease a little over a year ago.

I have arranged the transition so that I get 9 days off between the job switch.

It has been really really hard at that old job and I thought I was going just about die a couple of times, but I kept it up a day at a time and things are good today.

I know that I only have a daily reprieve and that things are going to be good some days and bad others, but I am learning to slog through the bad times with the certainty that it will get better.

I'm still happily (well, pretty happily) married and have two beautiful daughters.

Still have financial fears (beginning to be groundless as my situation improves). Still have other fears (mostly just plain groundless).

I used to just drink. What a change.

Jup.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It's great to see you again!
Old 07-01-2006, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's awesome Jupiter. I can really relate. I had a case b/f the court yesterday. I had to be in court in another town as well. So, I had an associate speak to the case for me. Found out on my return that we won. Life was good. Funnything is that later that day I went out for sushi. I am sitting at the sushi bar by myself when the Justice comes in and sits down beside me. After ribbing me for not being there she complimented me on my argument and advised me that I had hit all the right points. It was a real pleasure to have someone that is so well respected provide that kind of positive feedback. We then had a great dinner together b/f she headed for the airport to fly home (oh, I live in a small town in northern BC, she had to fly back to Vancouver... the superior court judges fly up here for one to two week sittings once a month).

Congrats again, Peace, Levi
Old 07-01-2006, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WTG and Congrats!!!!!
Liss
Old 07-01-2006, 11:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's so good to see good things happening for you! WTG!!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, that is such great news...and an AWESOME share!! What a great change, huh? You are doing great. It has been a true pleasure watching you grow in recovery.

I'm so happy for you, my friend! I am truly inspired after reading that. I can say it again- WOW!
Old 07-01-2006, 02:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Thanks for sharing, Jup. And good to see you!