Notices

Day 6 and I can't leave the house!

Old 06-20-2006, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 and I can't leave the house!

Now what the heck do I do????? I have to take care of my kids today for most of the morning with Day 6 and still withdrawaling. Anxiety is really peaking now, I'm lost as to what to do to keep busy. Reading anything just irritates me and I can't get out to my meeting marathon until the late afternoon. How am I going to make it until then? I'm not used to staying home alone with my kids sober and going through withdrawals. How do I stop this nasty shaking, I can't take it anymore!

T
Old 06-20-2006, 10:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Peace begins with a smile

Originally Posted by 4mykids
Now what the heck do I do????? I have to take care of my kids today for most of the morning with Day 6 and still withdrawaling. Anxiety is really peaking now, I'm lost as to what to do to keep busy. Reading anything just irritates me and I can't get out to my meeting marathon until the late afternoon. How am I going to make it until then? I'm not used to staying home alone with my kids sober and going through withdrawals. How do I stop this nasty shaking, I can't take it anymore!

T
Do you have any phone numbers from members? If so, make some calls!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I cleaned like crazy after my first 3 days which I spent in bed...I was irritable and not wanting to deal with my kids either....I rented some movies for them and kept busy...I was on SR alot too. I know it is hard but 6 days is a great accomplishment. Good luck
Old 06-20-2006, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

6 days is awesome. Don't give in though as soon as you feel better, like I always did. Try jogging in place and have the kids jog with you. You'll get rid of some excess nervous energy, sweat out some toxins, keep the kids entertained and pass a few minutes.

Check in here now and then and let us know how you're doing. If you really get to feeling badly, call a dr. Sometimes it's dangerous to detox alone and we don't know your personal situation.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What do you like to do? I know it is a little late in the day now but the movie thing is a good idea. Is there anything that they can do outside and you can just sit back & supervise? I am at a loss for things to do at home. My kids are much older and take care of themselves for the most part. Will you have them again tomorrow?
Old 06-20-2006, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

Are you de toxing from alcohol?

If so...drink a lot of water.
Aspirins for aches Hard candy for shakes
No caffeine Soft diet

Day 6 is great!!...
Old 06-20-2006, 03:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 4mykids

T

Why do people REFUSE to call a doctor???? You want to know how to stop the shakes?? How to stop the life threatening panick attacks??? How to make sure you dont have seizures??? Okay,.....heres the answer....CALL THE DOCTOR. "But, I dont want to go through the embarrassment"...But what you are going through now is acceptable to you?? He can give you ativan. Its an anti-anxiety drug. It stops the shakes and calms the panic attacks. For seizures,......he can prescribe Dilantin. And yes,...I know you are going to say "But,..I dont have any seizures" ......Doesnt matter. If your Electralites are low,...which they are if you are having panic attacks and shakes......then you are a prime candidate for seizure. Take precautionary steps. Call the doctor. K? Theres your answer.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the responses, I got through today. It was a rough one but knowing I was going to an outpatient evaluation today is what kept me sane. I didn't get to go to a meeting today, straight to a 2PM appt. It was amazing, I'm starting outpatient tomorrow, 3 hours a day 6 days a week. Just what I needed!! I know after every session I'll feel so much better, one day of sobriety after another.

I had no idea that outpatient treats the causes of alcohol and drug abuse, it gets down to the root and digs it out. She got all my dirt and now I'm going to work through it. From the sexual and physical abuse to my alcoholic dad leaving us as young kids.

I've never had any therapy of any kind so maybe I can kill this disease from deep within.

Thanks,
T
Old 06-20-2006, 09:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

...Good plan...
Old 06-20-2006, 10:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

6 Days is awesome congrats when I absolutely have to be anywhere but in my head I like to play stupid games online. My favourite site is www.nick.com/games All the games are designed for like 10 year olds so they're really easy but I can keep my mind and fingers busy for a while.
Best of luck
Old 06-21-2006, 02:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the games link, just played a few. Boy those are complicated, guess I'm not 10 yet Off to find baby games! Yikes!

T