Notices

Welcome to Jolo

Old 05-11-2006, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Welcome to Jolo

I'm new to this. I have a lot to get off my chest. Just need someone who's willing to listen and give good advice. Thank you.

jolo

Last edited by Anna; 05-11-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hello Jolo,

Welcome to SR! I moved your post to a new thread so you could get a proper welcome from everyone!

You're not alone and there are lots of people who are willing to listen and talk with you anytime you feel like it.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by 51anna
Hello Jolo,

Welcome to SR! I moved your post to a new thread so you could get a proper welcome from everyone!

You're not alone and there are lots of people who are willing to listen and talk with you anytime you feel like it.
That's our Anna

Jolo

Welcome to SR and we are glad that you're here. We are all on the same path and if you need to ever vent this is a good place to do it. Again welcome and hope that we will see more of you

Vic
Old 05-11-2006, 05:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! You have lots of people here who are ready to listen and give support. You are in the right place.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Need Help

Thank you Anna and Vic.

I am a recovering heroin addict. This year, in November, I will be clean for 3 years.

I recently lost my last job and am having a very difficult time finding a new one. I've been to numerous interviews, but am never hired. If I don't find a job soon, my roommate will be forced to have to evict me.

Because of these occurances happening to me in my life right now I'm almost at the point where I just wanna say EFF it and continue where I left off almost 3 years ago.

I'm desperate for help because I hated that life. I was homeless, in and out of jail, pan-handling for money to "get well." And not to mention being physically sick from withdrawels if I didn't have it first thing in the morning and throughout the day.

I'm overwhelmed by feelings of dispair because I think I have come a long way. I have done very good for myself considering my past. It's very hard for someone to start over after living like that, but I did. I want to move forward, not backwards. And I am also very tired of opening my eyes every morning because it also includes tears.

jolo
Old 05-11-2006, 06:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by jolo

I recently lost my last job and am having a very difficult time finding a new one. I've been to numerous interviews, but am never hired. If I don't find a job soon, my roommate will be forced to have to evict me.
jolo
First off Jolo, I would like to say congratulations on your 3 years of clean time. I haven't ever been that far yet, and that is quite an accomplishment. Today is day 3 for me, I have struggled with my addiction almost my whole life, getting 2 years almost, and recently 1 year. I know that life can be really hard, I also know today that if you did go back out to using you would loose a lot more than a place to live and I am sure that you also know that.

I just want you to know that something will show up when the time is right, your HP already has that planned out. We don't have to stress over it (although we do) because it has already been planned. It might not be what we would want but it is probably what we need. I know that if you just easy does it, first things first, that when you lest expect it, that job that you are wondering about will come. Just keep up the faith, and remember that sobriety is the most important thing in our lives or we won't have nothing in our lives. I will send up some good thoughts your way.

Vic
Old 05-11-2006, 06:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Jolo, welcome to SR glad your here.
Congrats on your 3 years and on rebuilding your life!
You have great courage and strength
and that can see you through this hard time as well.
Hope to see more of you here,
read around there are lots of different forums here.
Take care
Old 05-12-2006, 12:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jolo

Because of these occurances happening to me in my life right now I'm almost at the point where I just wanna say EFF it
Jolo:

We are kind of in the same boat right now. I've been saying eff it to myself all week long. I'm damn near broke, can't seem to find a good paying job, going through a divorce, and of all things the friggin refrigerator went out on me today. Life sucks sometimes.

All I can say to you is keep it one day at a time. I drank so I have no idea what heroin is like. But no matter how bad things get or seem to be, it sure is a hell of a lot better than the withdrawl days. Keep the faith and remember if we can conquer the demons that possessed us, we can overcome anything as long as we stay sober.

Good luck and God Bless.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I would like to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. You guys gave me exactly what I was looking for, which was encouragement. I'm so glad I searched the web for nearby meeting locations and along the way I found this site. I haven't had someone in my life that I could talk to about these issues in a long time and now I have all of you. Now whenever I have some sort of downfall or dilemna I can talk to people who I KNOW understand. And that is very comforting.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fred Bear here with a reply as I told you I would.

I am very sorry to hear that you are struggling on the employment scene. It's very tough out there and even when you land a decent job there are so many obstacles to making it a good, lasting experience.

I am currently unemployed as well, and my problems holding a good job over the last 5 years are definately a contributing factor to my drinking. I quit and joined this forum only 2 days ago. I do recognize that being sober gives me the best chance of landing a good job.

Please do not start using again. Instead, use your energies to be proactive in connecting with friends that can help you find a good work. I subscribe to Hot Jobs and Monster.com and get daily posts of qualified job listings. I'm actively looking up here in the SF Bay Area.

Send along your resume in a private message if you like and I'll take a look at and provide you with comments. I have a lot of experience with resume writing

Otherwise, take a few moments to reflect upon all of the difficuties that you faced and "overcome" in the past. That should give you strength moving into tomorrow.

Continued success.

Fred Bear