Notices

3 days sober

Old 04-16-2006, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 days sober

and i'll admit it's hard and it's lonely and it's boring. but that's my own fault for not ever making long-lasting friends that are non-users. probably because i pushed the sober friends away since all I wanted to do was get stoned.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Congrats and Happy Easter

Congratulations, I know how hard that can be. And you are not alone, you always have us. We are your friends even if you cannot physically see us. You will find many new friends living a sober lifestyle as you will start doing different things. Go to the gym, library, etc basically things that you did not normally do while using. You will find many new friends with your newfound drug-free lifestyle. It is not easy I know but it can be done. I found out that after 20 years of hardcore alcohol abuse (minimum of 12/day everyday and case on weekends) that when I quit I looked around and was alone. Luckily my wife stood by me but since she met me when I was drunk, even she does not know who I am sober. Nobody I know does. But I have found new friends and find more everyday, real friends, not drug users or using alcoholics. Sober people just like me. Some are recovering and some never used. Trust in yourself and you will find others flocking to you. Congrats again on your three days!