Notices

Like a small child...

Old 04-11-2006, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Like a small child...

I look up to ya'll with wide eyes for more answers. Alot of whys, like a small child. Addiction had an impact on my emotions and maturity.

Why am I not filled with a sense of hopelessness now?

Why do I go into situations not even considering a bad reaction but assuming all will be well and I'll go about my day.

Why do I seem to relate and have so much more compassion for every single soul that walks the earth. I dont see myself as above them, that doesnt even cross my mind now. Now, I think of how I might could help them and want to reach out to them to find out what drove them so far down.

Why do I think of my children as off having a safe, great time when they are away now rather than racked with horrors that might come into fruition.

Why am I so laid back now? When did I let go and realize I dont have all of the power. I cant control everything. I cant control ****. All I can do is assume everything is going to be good and pray for strength in case it isnt.

I took my life back from addiction and just held it suspended for awhile. It seems something took it over and is driving while I rest.

Why am I ok with that. And even appreciate it.

Why am I not mad anymore? Where did that go? I didnt push it down.

Why do I accept everyone is dealt hands and some are just better than others and feel good for those that fortunate. Others just have to work harder for things... they dont just happen as they seem to for others. Im not angry about that now. Im glad because its made me who I am today.

Is this a stage? An awakening addicts experience? Can someone shed some light on this for me. This is really all I have been looking to enjoy out of life. This is what I wanted from a pill.

Why did I find it in sobriety? Whatever it is.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Originally Posted by Beachbabe
Why did I find it in sobriety? Whatever it is.
I dunno, Beachbabe. But that's awesome!

Hold onto this post.. print it out and keep it cuz that's really something to go back to and re-read when you need to be reminded of how you can live... free.

Great post!

Suga