Notices

looking for help in illinois

Old 02-27-2006, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

looking for help in illinois

hey all this is my first post here. i've made the decision to get some help but am finding it increasingly more difficult to find help. asked my mom for help but it really did not go anywhere. then tryed to get some from the county health dept. basicly was told i needed to fill 3 forms and then wait over a month before i could even see sombody. finally i found a spot to go to but was called today by them saying the the appointment i had scheduled for tomorrow was being postponed till next wendnesday. its begining to get frustating. i lost my job this week and currently have no insurance. perhaps you might have a few ideas of how i could go about getting some treatment. or at least into detox. thanks in advance for your help
Old 02-27-2006, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hello Spishack--Welcome to SR! Glad you found us. I am Laura and I am a recovering alkie/pothead. I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I know it must be frustrating, but please don't give up. I know that the emergency room at a hospital can't turn you away, even without insurance. I also know that if you look up your local AA, give them a call and ask them to have someone call you back, they will do everything they can to help you. In the meantime, just hang in there. If you really want to get sober, it will happen for you. One of the agencies you reached out to will get back to you.

Thinking of you!! Keep posting.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Welcome to SR and glad that you are here. I too just came off of a bender nothing to smile about there or is there I'm Still Alive. I think that I am going to get into treatment but I have never been there before. I went to a Happy Hour meeting though and they were there for me without hesitation. So for now until you can figure out about the treatment or detox call you local AA they will even be willing to come and get you. I am sending good thoughts your way and just a reminder for both of us "Don't drink or use today"

Love Vic

Day 1 for me sober and clean
Old 02-27-2006, 08:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not sure where you are in IL. One option is Haymarket in Chicago. I live about 3 blocks from it and used to go to AA meetings there.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

look here please..

http://www.usc.salvationarmy.org/usc...A?openDocument

They are excellent and free.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I think I can! I think I can!

Can Anyone Please Help Me???????

Hello Spishack

I am here in illinois as well...please see my post here in (Alcoholism)..Title:Can Anyone Please Help Me???????

I to am looking for something i can get into ..but in the mean time I am just trying to consetrate on each hour and day of not allowing myself to pick up a drink no matter how much it calls me out......

I have been without drink for a bit over 12 hours at this point...and it is surely begining to feel just like that.....it hurts ...but this has been my free help support system...I read through the pain and discomfort that others are haveing along with me and those stories of those been through that stage you and I are in and it gives me hope....that this can actually be done....at all cost. ..I have to do this for me..my life..my sons.....and also my fiance' who has road this drunkin train ride.........

I just say lets work through this together...help one help all !!!!

I guess this is my first real attempt to begin my own healing........

God Speed !!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 04:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hi Shawn--Glad you joined us. So many of us know the stuggle you are going through. Many of us have also made it through to the other side. I, for one, can tell you it was definitely worth it. Taking it one day, hour, minute or even second at a time is the best way to do it.

Hang in there and keep posting!