Notices

Ali32 needs your help...

Old 01-28-2006, 10:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
raerob

Ali32 needs your help...

This person is having a very difficult time figuring out the Sober Recovery board. I've started this thread so that she may let you all know why she's come here, and you can all offer support/suggestions, etc.

Old 01-28-2006, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey i made it here thankyou raerob i need help knowing how to start a knew thread navigate around etc and also i need major advice my boyfriend of 8 yrs is an addict he dosent want help he just keep saying oh im done anyway he wont look for a job or even shower we have a family and i cant support us cause i have fibromyalgia and anxiety disorders i just started my disability ap im in a very stuck situation oh and no meetings around here my friends and family are in ca my said to come home but what do i do with my stuff especially sientimentals and now his mom wants all of to go to louisiana where he would excellent work with her boyfriend any how i dont know what to do and lately ive been extremly depressed
Old 01-28-2006, 10:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((ali)))

When you log in you are on the forums "home page" you can scroll down until you find the "friends and family" forums and then click on then you will see in the top left a "start new thread" option just click that and you will be able to build a new post...

As far as moving goes which sounds like the best option to you and be realistic and know that no matter what you choose your b/f is likely to remain how he is until he decides to choose recovery...
Old 01-28-2006, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
raerob

I'm glad you were able to find your way here, Ali. And, I have to agree with Splendra...you said:
my said to come home but what do i do with my stuff especially sientimentals
I guess you meant your Mom said to come home...which sounds like a good idea to me, too. As far as your "stuff"...it's just that..."stuff", which can always be replaced. You need to take care of yourself, and remember what they say in Nar-Anon, "I didn't cause it, I can't cure it."

Your boyfriend is caught up in his addiction, and won't get help until he's ready. Please do whatever you need to be able to take care of YOU!!!

Old 01-28-2006, 11:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

can i come back to this thread later how long will this thread stay up
Old 01-28-2006, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

It will stay up for a long time. Don't worry it will be here when you get back.
As a person replies to it, it gets bumped up to the top again, so if you can't find
it right away just go back a page or two, or you can also subscribe to it under
"Thread Tools" it will send you an email when you get a reply.

I hope that helps you a little bit. Hang in there sweetie, and welcome to SR.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here is the section Splendra mentioned

Click on it ans start your new thread
Reading the others will help too.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/nar-anon/

Hugs...
Old 01-28-2006, 11:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Ali,

You can come back to this thread anytime and it will stay up as long as people are posting on it. After that, it will start to drift down on the board, but you can always search for it.

If you look on your avatar (which is ali32 underlined in the top left corner of your posts) you can click on your name. That will give you the option of finding all posts and/or threads started by you.

Just keep asking questions if you need information. We're here to help.