Notices

non-alcohol beer!

Old 01-29-2006, 07:45 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

Ok, Im the beer expert around here. I say! I drank beer for the taste. Oops, well I like the taste. I also like fine cigars for the taste. Im sure Im not going to smoke cheap cigars. Odouls tastes like really cheap beer and being that Im new to the sober thing, I really dont want to drink cheap beer. I drank a couple Odouls a couple weeks ago and got a bit of a lashing in here. Im a big boy and I took it for what it was worth. It was worth quite a bit. But I can do with it what I want. I have been warned. I choose to not drink it again. But if I thought it wrecked my now 29 days of sobriety I would be pissed.
Now I drank about 8-10 beers a day for over 25 years so beer might not be a good thing for me test myself with and I want to speak for myself when I say I dont want to tempt the devil. This is hard enough without risking my sobriety with cheap swill.
Some old, old, old, Sober Girl is gona kick my ass if I mess up and I for one respect my elders.
Soberus Maxus beer expertus and formerly Max Oblivia
Famous Max quote.. Du, du, du, duhhhhhhhh
"Protecting ones sobriety is more important than testing oneself with cheap swill"
Sometimes I just tickle myself.
Sorry for the cursing felt better than shouting.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:08 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Just had to reply on this. Everyone here will have a different idea on the purity of their program because its their program. When Bill was inspired to write the book they weren't even bottling O'Douls yet. When we have someone come in to the rooms that takes a physc med we don't tell them they have to quit them. If God leads them some time down the road to try staying clean without them, we support them through that too. When I had surgery on my shoulder two years ago I took oxycocet for 30 days after , was I in relapse? I didn't do them for entertainment I assure you. To drink an neer-beer instead off the real thing is far better than the hightest in my opinion. When I go to a bar-b in the summertime I sometimes take a box of Excel with me and I haven't robbed corner gas on the way home yet. Where we need to draw the line is where God guides us to in our personal relationship with Him. If it feels right when you check it out with Him then it'll work for you. Lovin' it here. Neil
Old 01-29-2006, 08:09 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Max Oblivia
But if I thought it wrecked my now 29 days of sobriety I would be pissed.
Not any more than 24 ounces of orange juice from concentrate. Congrat's on one month!
Old 01-29-2006, 08:26 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by frosti
Just had to reply on this. Everyone here will have a different idea on the purity of their program because its their program. When Bill was inspired to write the book they weren't even bottling O'Douls yet. When we have someone come in to the rooms that takes a physc med we don't tell them they have to quit them. If God leads them some time down the road to try staying clean without them, we support them through that too. When I had surgery on my shoulder two years ago I took oxycocet for 30 days after , was I in relapse? I didn't do them for entertainment I assure you. To drink an neer-beer instead off the real thing is far better than the hightest in my opinion. When I go to a bar-b in the summertime I sometimes take a box of Excel with me and I haven't robbed corner gas on the way home yet. Where we need to draw the line is where God guides us to in our personal relationship with Him. If it feels right when you check it out with Him then it'll work for you. Lovin' it here. Neil
So, in other words, "God" has an opinion on the consumption of O'Douls?
Old 01-30-2006, 04:31 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good Morning! I am still Sober!! No weed! No Jack! But the funny thing is I was Barbequeing and asked sombody to pass me the bottle of Jack. I meant to say the Famous Dave's sauce. I did that twice. You can see where my mind is at. Wow. This is going to be tougher than I thought.

Yhe first thing this morning I did is to get on this Web site and read the testimonies. I am so glad you guys are here. I wish I had found this site when I was 16.

Today! I will not get high. I will not get buzzed. I will enjoy all the moments of my Life. Wheather they be good, bad, or indifferent.

Again, thanks for being here!!

Hugs!!!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 04:55 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

boy oh boy.....it seems that every thread i read lately ends up in a pissing contest between a couple members.

Congratulations Openforhelp for staying sober......i don't see the harm in drinking O'Doul's. In fact, that's one of my options for Super Bowl Sunday. If i get a craving for a beer.....then i may have a couple O'doul's....no harm done (In my book).