Notices

Need a Online sponser

Old 01-07-2006, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TheLivingEnd

Need a Online sponser

Ok i want to know if anyone willing to be my online sponser.

I will like anyone who can help but I would find it easier to relate to anyone who is from the philadelphia area and around the age of 20 something who is into punk rock and male female does not matter. Not trying to be picky but i find it easier to relate with people who i can relate to in many ways.but I willing to get help online from anyone. I am kyryluk0603 on AIM or [email protected] message me, i relapsed once gain today and need some help and just people to talk 2.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, TheLivingEnd. Glad you're here.

I've read both of you posts and the best advice I can give is to get a face2face sponsor. Online sponsors are a last resort, IMO, and aren't as helpful as someone in your area that you can go to meetings with and get together with. Sponsoring is about working the steps of AA or NA and it takes a lot of interaction, involvement and guidance.

Good luck and keep posting, ok?
Old 01-07-2006, 03:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

If your truly willing to make recovery your first priority, a face to face sponsor should be in order.

Ya just gotta be willing.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
TheLivingEnd

yes true. My father is a recovering addictt he has a few years clean and well when i go to meetings and all i find it hard to open and talk because alot of what i want to say i really don't want to say with him there. it likea catch 22 because i injoy going to meetings with my dad but find it hard opening up while he in the same room. he goes to meetings 7 days a week and it hard going to meetings in my area were he is not present.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Check

http://www.elmoware.com/isponsor.htm

Blessings....
Old 01-08-2006, 06:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have found an awesome web site that has quite a few women who are willing to sponsor online-----http://www.earthgroupna.org/
Old 01-08-2006, 07:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

much agreed, get a real person. Guy sponsor for guys, girl for girls. Unless you're of alternative lifestyle. I do know gay guys who have women sponsors and vice versa.

But a real person who can sit down with you to help with the AA steps (if you go that route) or just talk to is pretty much a must. But we're always here in the interim. Don't feel that you're buying into a very long term relationship with sponsor at first either. Lot's of people get a 'temporary' sponsor which might turn permanent, but get SOMEONE soon if ya really want help.

Best of luck.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dolphingirl..

Nice link. I just went over to that website and read a bunch of threads. I am continually amazed in a good way how helpful online support groups can be.

Still, a f2f is vital, I feel.