Notices

sigh

Old 11-30-2005, 10:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Angry sigh

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->and they still die. My friends.

S alone in a crummy room filled with empty bottles
V fell from a 12th floor balcony
B hit a bridge head on with his wife 3 children survive.

Untreated alcoholism kills. No exceptions.

Please do not muck around with
"Am I?" or "Yes, but" thinking.

Recovery requires action.

I posted this in Alcoholism....and decided it should be here too.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
Old 11-30-2005, 10:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Paradise!

Recovery requires action.
Amen!

I am sorry for your loss Carol, to pass this message on to others will hopefully help the next one who thinks "Am I" or "Yes, but" or even "you dont understand"
I still have trouble dealing with death, you are in my prayers as well as your friends and there families.

Its so frustrating trying to help or convey the message of hope. I sometimes feel like i am the Parent, and they are juvenile kids. but I know neither is true or right. frustrating.....

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Easier said then done.....

still sucks

~GB
Old 11-30-2005, 10:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Carol,
I'm so sorry about your loss. I read this thread, and it made me grateful that I havn't really known great tragedy. It also made me think about my life, and how it has changed. Thank you for sharing.
chip
Old 11-30-2005, 11:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((((Carol)))))

This brought back memories of kneeling over a friend as he died long long ago and having to leave before the police arrived as I had drugs on me and was well known to the local police. It took a lot of this before I saw myself lying on that floor.

Kevin
Old 11-30-2005, 11:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Midas

Condolences, Carol. Holiday Season makes for a difficult time of the year for many people--myself included.

**{hugs}}

Alcoholism & Addiction plays for keeps, and so should we.
Keep Coming Back!

Old 12-01-2005, 05:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

I'm so sorry about your loss. So true, this is a deadly disease. Prayers for you, your friends, and their families.

Grateful to be alive and sober.
Missy
Old 12-01-2005, 11:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
raerob

Mmmmmn...you caused me to think back to my active days and all the friends I knew who died as a result of drinking. Of course, back then none of us were alcoholics...just victims of bad luck. At least that's what we wanted to believe.

Sadly, I've seen my three kids bury so many of their friends I've lost count...all drug related deaths. You'd think this would scare them clean and sober...but, only my daughter has made it into NA. As grateful as I am for that, I'm still hoping and praying that my sons' friends won't be burying them.

As for your friends, Carol...be consoled that they are no longer suffering the pains of the active alcoholic, and that they are in a better place in the arms of a loving Higher Power.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((Carol)))).........I am sorry for your pain right now......as Raerob stated "they are no longer suffering the paoin of the active alcoholic, and...they are in a better place in the arms of a loving Higher Power".