Notices

newbie to SR

Old 11-22-2005, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

newbie to SR

I just wanted to say hi and that I am a newbie to SR. Thankyou for having such a wonderful site to help people like myself on this amazing journey called recovery.
I have had drugs and alcohol in and out of my life for the last 13 years, and I happy to say that I will be 90 days clean on sunday the 26. I must say that it feels good to feel this way again.
Today is a pretty good day, not to many bad feelings about myself or the things I have done. Lately it seems like my favorite past time is kicking my ass for all the things I have done and the people I have hurt.

Thanks for listening and Thanks again for this comforting place to come.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi grumpy and welcome to SR Congrats on your days and glad you found us, stick around.

I do some of that as well and its just a waste of energy and complety negative, so I turn it around whenever I realise I am doing it. Thats easy cos at the very least I can say sober today

Kevin
Old 11-22-2005, 03:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grumpy_b05
Lately it seems like my favorite past time is kicking my ass for all the things I have done and the people I have hurt.
Welcome to SR, grumpy. Glad you're here. And congrats on your almost 90 days!

Are you working a program of recovery? When I got sober, I was so filled with shame and regret and self-loathing that I couldn't even look myself in the eye, not to mention other people. AA and the 12 steps are helping me work through all that by being honest and willing to do the work of recovery. It's a process and it does take time, but day by day it gets better. Don't forget that being clean and sober is a living amend, too.

Pull up a chair, read some posts and stick around, k?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Nogard an Phinny! I to believe it's a waste of energy but sometimes it just takes control! That's why just for today I am clean and sober and sometimes It goes down to just for this minute. But we get through it with baby steps!
Old 11-22-2005, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hey there, Grumpy--Welcome to SR. Glad you found us! I look forward to hearing more from you as we all learn and grow. And early congratulations on 3 months!!!

Hugs--
Old 11-22-2005, 07:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats on your clean time!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi grumpy and congrats on your clean time!!!

I can relate about getting down on yourself. I too believe it is negative energy but I seem to be feeling the same way today. Yesterday I didn't and hopefully tomorrow will be diffrent. I guess for me I am feeling insecure about my relationships with others because I know how much I have hurt them in the past. I do believe if we keep going to meetings, work the steps, talk with a sponsor and come here it was pass and probably much fast.

((((((((hugs))))))))))) to ya sweetie....
Old 11-22-2005, 09:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

Heya grumpy and welcome!

Congrats on the soon to be 90 days. I dont work the AA program, although I know they (and other programs) have steps and ways of working through that awkward stage of recalling your previous life. Seems to help for lots of people.

Best to ya! And keep comin' round.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jack

Hi grumpy and welcome. Congratulations on your new found freedom from booze. Just one piece of advice....read the post from grasshopperpie above. It's well worth the read.
God bless.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard Grumpy. This is the place to be. I've got 4 months sobriety & life is good. My personality has changed for the better & my attitude on life has increased ten-fold! Congrats on your new freedom from booze and 3 months of getting your life back. Keep on posting! Steve M
Old 11-23-2005, 08:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks to all who have posted, I greatly appreciate the messages!

You guys all ROCK!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 08:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Are you working a program of recovery? phinny
Welcome Grumpy.

Phinny's question is an important one.

Peace,
Tanya
Old 11-23-2005, 08:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am working a program of recovery.I have to admit that I haven't been as dedicated as I should though. I have four children and a husband so I tend to put them first, but I am working on this. I do understand that my recovery comes first I just tend to get caught up in life . . . but don't we all! My doc isn't booze it's meth, but I have been able to stay away for all! I had thought I had a sponser but she obviously wasn't ready to sponser someone at this time cause she was never available. So I am now in the process of looking for a new one.

Thanks for listening and caring!
Old 11-23-2005, 08:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Good Grump!

It is just so important. I too have children, but I also realize that if I drink or use again I would be of no use to them. And may even have them taken from me....or end up dead.

Get into action with your program. Whether it is AA, NA or any other program. Get a sponsor, work your steps...don't waste time. You owe it to yourself and your family.

Peace
Tanya
Old 11-23-2005, 09:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Tanya!

I definatley agree! My kids are my everything, and I am so thankful to be given this do-over as I like to call it. This is my second chance to be the best mom,wife, daughter, sister, and aunt that I can be. Thanks for your encouragement and support.

Have a great day!