Notices

How was YOUR Halloween??

Old 11-01-2005, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

How was YOUR Halloween??

I didn't get beer spilled on me, fall down, spend money on coke, have a headache today, be sick to my stomach, find all my money gone, call a dealer in the middle of the night, do embarassing things with girls half my age, wreck my car, get arrested or anything like that.

Instead I wentto a great concert by the band Govt Mule, their guitarist plays for Allman Brothers and Grateful Dead. Great show. Lots of cuties in costums (Victoria's Angel- vavavoom!). Two good ex-hippie buddies in my AA program went with me and we had a great time. Smoked some very nice cigars while waiting in line for the show, bought two cokes each, had money enough to bring home concert t-shirts for ourselves and friends. Drove by several cop cars arresting people at about 11:30 last night.

Today I'm having a nice productive work day, have fed the cats, and will go to a noon meeting. Just because I didn't drink or use last night. Feels good!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

I am proud of you Roadie!! It sounds like you had a BLAST!!

My halloween was the same it is every year except I didn't get snockered after taking the kids trick or treating. I woke up feeling good. Took the trash to the curb and sit here drinking coffee after getting one of my kids out the door and off to school. Had oatmeal and toast for breakfast and my morning fix of SR.

Have a great day roadie!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

great job roadie, sounds like a great time. I am hoping to get out and see some local bands this weekend. I haven't been out on the weekend since I sobered up.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Coming out of my shell

ohhh, I'm so ashamed. I had SO much last night, I still feel sick this morning. And there it is... the rest... staring at me wanting me to have it, calling my name, staring at me accusingly.
I can't believe I ATE ALL THAT CHOCOLATE!

I ate some candy,took the kids trick-or-treating, ate some of thier candy, then came home and had some candy. I think my blood/sugar level is about 50/50 now No beer for me! I have 3 weeks tomorrow and I'm not giving in yet!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Roadie sounds like you had a great night ...........me too had my baby grand daughter ,nice relaxing bath , watched Orange County Choppers bed by ten sober as a judge ......feel great today ........yep have a great day Roadie xx
Old 11-01-2005, 08:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In Paradise!

Sound like you had fun! I have almost seen govt mule twice DAMN IT! I heard they put on a good show. I am glad to hear you had a good time, safe and fun.

I played scrooge, I locked my gate, let my dogs out and ate all my candy. Little brats! LMAO

I live in the mountains, no street lights no close neighbors to speak of but I did eat all my candy!

I Watched Monday Night football

I still love going to shows, I miss the city for that.....
Old 11-01-2005, 09:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

Saw Gov't Mule years ago, in like '98. Never liked the music, but they put on a good enough show to make up for it

I went to the gay bar my brother works at. Just Pepsi for me, had a lot of fun. Woke up feeling good. Not a candy eater so didn't have the shakes LOL
Old 11-01-2005, 10:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My halloween was alright. I had IOP group at 4:30, then after that i went trick or treating for awhile. I turned down a beer and also left right before my friends loaded up the bong. Close call, but i feel good for making the right decision and not giving up my recovery.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good job Roadie.

I worked yesterday and on the ride home I caught asight of some pirates, witches, ghosts and other assorted goblins patrolling the neighborhoods of the small towns we drove through.

It's really great to enjoy the holidays and have pleasant memories of them.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

I was sick (still am) so I laid on the couch and watched the 'Medium' marathon. Of course, that is probably what I would have done even if I wasn't sick! My daughter had no interest in dressing up or trick or treating this year. Go figure!! She really does not like to be scared, and gets scared easily. So all the better.

Today, I am home from work, still sick, but feeling well enough to do some posting here. Glad to be clean and sober another day!!!

Hugs--
Old 11-02-2005, 07:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

Here's the best halloween costume ever.....on Jessica Alba.....

http://sheendigital.com/alba/
Old 11-03-2005, 02:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I had a great halloween. I went with my mom to take my brother and sister trick-or-treating and we had a great time! Got lots of candy and lots more good laughs. We had a HUGE pile of candy stacked up on the floor. I am glad that they were in such a good sharing mood. I had entirely too much candy though. It was super good though.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

DAMN ROADIE!! That scared the crap out of me. I didn't even know this lap top had sound!!! I think I may have had a small heart attack!!

Yep, this year I took the kids trick or treating and I wasn't drunk!! Although I still think my grandmother in-law is easier to handle when I'm drunk. Maybe she should start drinking instead!! LOL

Anyway, I had a 4 y/o batman and a 2 y/o girl in a poddle skirt. Too cute!!

That's the life of a Mommy on Halloween!!