Notices

New and Lost

Old 09-07-2005, 06:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy New and Lost

Where do I begin? Today I believe I hit bottom. I signed on here hoping I can overcome my gambling problem. I have already lost something dear to me so I must overcome whatever is causing me to be stupid and move on with my life.
I am not alone but than again I am. I am a loner and have always been a loner except for my spouse and her family.
When I first got married my spouse keep me gambling but since we got custody of our grandchildren I have gone downhill and hit bottom so now I need to climb back to the top and build my self-esteem again.
Well enough for now.
I have been reading some of your postings and I think I might be in the right place.

Thanks
Ace (real middle name)
Old 09-07-2005, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Since you mentioned it, I don't see anything on this site for gamblers. I googled and found this page if it helps though. http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/

What kind of gambling do you do? I myself was fond of the ponies. Blew every dime I had once on the horses. Got kicked out of my apartment and was one day from living on the streets. I went to church and prayed to God like never before. Luckily I found a room at a boarding house and the lady let me stay there until I got paid. Now either I have an honest face or God was looking out for me because who is going to let someone broke stay for free. The lady never seen me before in her life.

I thought that was my bottom until booze got the better of me. A small room with a window and a matress stained with p!ss and $hit from previous occupants. All because of gambling.

I stuck my eviction notice over my door as a reminder not to gamble. Every time I got the urge to go and hit it big, I would look at it and that would stop me. I'm sure you have a bill or two lying around the house you can use as a reminder. Hopefully you're not into the mob for some serious cash.

Always bet on black. Good luck Ace.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

GA is a great place for support, hope you'll consider it if you haven't already, welcome to SR!
Old 09-07-2005, 08:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Just want to welcome you to SR and addiction is just that addiction and for us it is all the same if we pick up we loose. Glad that you are here.

Love Vic
Old 09-08-2005, 01:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR, as lucky says addiction is addiction, hope you finds some info here.

nogard
Old 09-08-2005, 02:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, first of all. While I'm at it I'll just post the site to the program that worked wonders for me personally: www.smartrecovery.org and I wish you good luck. Admitting you got a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.