Notices

New here.

Old 06-24-2005, 10:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to Sober Recovery!
Here is your lifeline....glad you are joining us!
Old 06-24-2005, 11:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

Hi Ex!

Dont have much experience with Oxycontin, but welcome to SR!

- Greg
Old 06-25-2005, 02:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi exdeath! Welcome 2 SR!!!!
Old 06-25-2005, 03:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome,

I am an opiate addict in early recovery. Oxycontin was my DOC for many years, but spent a few years with Dilaudid, a couple with heroin, all mixed up with any other opiate I could get.

As I mentioned, I'm in recovery, after ten years of failed attempts at getting clean on my own. I was a secret addict, only me and my dealer ever really knew. So, when it came time for me to detox, I would always go it alone, passing myself off as sick with the flu or somethng to family and friends. I have detoxed countless times, and came to realize that detox is not the hard part - the real work comes after the physcial wds stop. Probably right about where you're at.

I am a chronic relapser, and thats how I know that it's crucial that you get a support network together, NA meetings, clean friends, even this site.

Thats what I lacked in my own attempts - I needed to be accountable to someone. So, I 'came out' slowly, first here at SR, then to a doctor, then to a few of my loved ones. I couldn't believe that after 10 years, I finally heard those words come out of my own mouth "I'm an addict". Scariest thing I ever said/did.

I haven't used in about 2 months. My situation is alittle different than some, I am working a suboxone program now, with the help of an addictions doctor, a therapist and much support from my family, friends and the kind souls here at SR.

Come on down to the Substance Abuse section, you'll find tons of us lurking around who are familiar with what you're going through now. There is a ton of support, encouragement and useful information.

Hope to see you there!

Much Love: SS