Notices

So tired yet I keep on going

Old 06-20-2005, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So tired yet I keep on going

This journey isn't easy and I feel weariness seeping into my steps, but I step right over and keep walking to the other side. I've been really tired lately and I have been sleeping so much. I have no energy and can't seem to get myself out to exercise. I just have to bite the bullet and leap at it whether I feel like it or not. I have 6 days today free of my DOC and I just have to keep the faith that the day will come when I will feel lots better. I won't give up on that day and I will keep on heading in that direction.

Old 06-20-2005, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by AngelHugs
I just have to bite the bullet and leap at it whether I feel like it or not.

and that solution does work. Energy used creates energy for the next time.
Congratulations on the collected days.
Yes it does get easier.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just A Diva With A Purpose

Push up girl! And keep pushin' on--your experience and success will be hope and encouragement for someone else. Those who say "it just doesn't work" quit five minutes too soon. They never said it would be easy--they just said it would be worth it.! You go girl!
Old 06-20-2005, 07:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

I was thinking about my first month or so of sobriety and how absolutely exhausted I was, but I was in residential treatment center and they kept us going from 6am to 10pm. However, when I finally got to go home, I think I slept at least 10-12 hours a day for the next few months.

It is okay to be tired. It is way better than using drugs. Besides, your body is working over-time to heal itself. Take it easy. As far as the exercise goes, you don't have to go out and run marathon. Just take a 10 minute walk, do a few stretches, turn on your favorite dancing tunes and jump around a little while.

Maybe you can do some moves like the banana-man!

Hugs and good rest to you--
Old 06-20-2005, 07:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're doing a great job. Congrats on 6 days. Just keep it up, one day at a time, and your energy will return slowly but surely.

Liz
Old 06-20-2005, 09:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

didn't make my run today because it was too dark to head out when I got home. I'm going running tomorrow. I can't wait to feel better! It sure is going to be great!
Old 06-20-2005, 10:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Midas

Stay Strong! We're like long-distance runners...if we stop to take a rest, we may never finish the race. Funny you mention running--I was picturing a runner right from the first line of your post.

Try to take it easy with regular routines & shorten your jogging distance at first to build up stamina. Sleeplessness is almost as bad as the other extreme--narcolepsy. Like Lulu70 says, you're body is healing and probably in a mild state of shock. It takes time. The first two weeks of recovery can be pretty tough for a lot of addicts/alcoholics.

Hang in There!
It gets better.

Old 06-21-2005, 01:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am treading along slowly. I know where my destination is and I'm going going along for the ride. One day.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

didn't make my run today because it was too dark to head out when I got home. I'm going running tomorrow.
A journal from a runner at the Boston Rescue Mission.
Erica and others ran in the Boston Marathon.
I hope this gives you some inspiration.

http://www.brm.org/index.aspx?sec_id...=192&page_url=
Old 06-21-2005, 06:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Chy

That day will come Angel. Tiredness is normal, I was exhausted, and I mean 2 naps a day exhausted the first month! Eventually I added excercise and surprisingly it helped a lot as well as helped with my sleep problems. It will get better, hang in there, your going through the hardest times right now.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Now I have a new challenge. I have to figure out how to control these mood shifts. I spend some time with a friend of mine today and then he had to go to the dentist. He said he might stop back by after the dentist and he would give me a call as soon as he got out.

He never called. So I was just a big angry mess all day. I was so angry at him and everything else. He could've at least called to say that he couldn't make it.

...but maybe his mouth was numb and he couldn't really talk.

Why am I so unreasonable at times? Why do I get angry over everything? Why I am so sad?

And most importantly...will the answers come in time?
Old 06-21-2005, 07:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Chy

...oh should have given you coupons for the emotional rollercoaster ride as well. Normal sweety, this to shall pass.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Peace begins with a smile

Angel- Are you going to meetings?
Old 06-22-2005, 04:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

This too shall pass. Thanks Chy!
Old 06-22-2005, 07:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Chy

How are you doing today? Make it a point to get out and do one good thing for yourself no matter how moody or tired, got to pick yourself up and keep going forward in search of that inner peace, by taking care of you, doing something for just you, you can begin to build that foundation. *hugs*
Old 06-22-2005, 08:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm a little less tired today. A little less tired is a big step for me. I called my friend and left a message saying that I was sorry. It made me feel better.
I'll find something good to do for myself today. Taking care of myself has always been a challenge, but it's about progress not perfection as I've heard.

I'll find something to do just for me and I'll try to kick in a run today.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I went for a run today and man, was I out of shape! I had trouble breathing as I trotted along down the beautiful, scenic country road. It was really hot out there today and I was pouring sweat as I melted under the hot sun. My sister road her bike beside me as I ran and that was so nice to spend quality time with her. I ran for 31 minutes and I was tired when I got thru. My legs are sore now but I know that I will feel lots better after the run!
Old 06-22-2005, 07:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

I ran for 31 minutes and I was tired when I got thru.
31 minutes?!?!? That's about 30 minutes longer than I can run :sweat

whaddya some kinda machine?

I tire from 31 minutes of driving, I think I pulled a hamstring last time I tried it

- Greg