Notices

i could die from resentments

Old 05-28-2005, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

i could die from resentments

" something we as AA have to work on every day. If I start treating others with my old selfish and self centered, I would feel as though I may be "slipping" spiritually. I have a bunch of these spiritual slips daily, I have to remember these options to be selfish and self centered are for people who are NonAlcoholics. I as an experienced drunk know that these things others can do, will make me drunk. If I am trying to walk over someone's rights it means I am trying to run the show again. I can't force my rights on others or even try. I would get resentful and I know that restfulness can make me drunk. Resentment is a emotion that has all kinds of repercussions. Resentment means I have not completely given my day to the Higher Power of my understanding. It means I am going to revert back to being miserable with my sobriety, my day, my life. Being selfish and self centered seems to be one of the big enemies of the Alcoholic . I Could die from resentment, because resentment will get my mind to tricking me into a drink. I know I am one drink away form a drunk, looney bin, jail, death. I will not sleep for thinking about what is making me resentful, I will grind my teeth , over eat, look mad all the time, and just be sick! When I am resentful over a person, place or thing , that makes that person, place or thing my HIGHER POWER. If I dwell on the problem. That is what I am going to fill my heart and mind with. I have to live and let live! Now where did I here that before???"
thanks billfrog
\\// Wendy
Old 05-28-2005, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Wonderful post; lots of information to think on.
Just a note here. I know for me, when I have a resentment, it's usually because I had an expectation. For me, expectations are dangerous. It's a codie habbit that hinders my well being and serenity.
Thanks for sharing this...
Shalom!
Old 05-28-2005, 03:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Wendy,

That is a great post and a great reminder. I know I have to work on the negative stuff every day because if I don't I will begin to move downwards into that spiral that was so hard to get out of. Some days it's just hard and I wish I didn't have to bother, but I do, because I refuse to deal with the alternative.

Love, Anna
Old 05-28-2005, 07:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Peace begins with a smile

You know how there is no such thing as a coincidence?

Tonight on my way home from a meeting I was explaining to a girlfriend how I'm getting resentful about someone because I KNOW I'm placing expectations on him and the situation...

And then right after, I start to tell her about how I've been waking myself up in the night by the grinding of my teeth. It sounds like I'm biting on a piece of hard candy and I wake up in shock from the sound. It's haunting..

And then I get home, and read this? Connection? I think so.

Now, I have ZERO idea how to rid myself of expectation and resentment, but I'm gonna pray on it tonight... That's all I know to do right now.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-28-2005, 07:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Nice! Thanks a bunch.

required: praying is a good start.