Notices

AngelHugs Recovery Journal

Old 05-19-2005, 04:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AngelHugs Recovery Journal

I was thinking of starting a journal to track my progress. I'm sure it would help to see growth and weaknesses along the way.

Today is day 6. I'm hanging in there.

Had a using dream last night and it scared me to death. Fortunately, I woke up and realized that it wasn't real and that I was still clean. Served as a good reminder of a place that I came from and a place that I don't want to go back to.

Just for today, I will not pick up a drug or a drink. I'll enjoy my beautiful day sober.

Wishing you all another sober 24!

Old 05-19-2005, 09:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 6

Life is hard to adjust to being sober. Things happen and it just falls around us and it is up to us to catch on to what is happening.

But after so long.....I forgot how to life. It wouldn't seem possible, but my life was revolved around using and now I'm trying to find out about the little things.

Life or something like it.

Old 05-19-2005, 06:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm almost done with my day 6 and I tell ya, I'm hanging in here. Hopefully, the sleep will come soon. I'm having trouble with my sleep patterns but I think my body is still in detox so that is to be expected. Still suffering from w/d symptoms but they may be passing out pretty soon. I'm glad that I made the wonderful decision to get sober. Best thing I could ever do with my life!

God sure does love me to give me another chance to make things right in my life.

Old 05-19-2005, 06:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My mom is sick. Pray for her please. Hard times...but I'm going to stay clean thru everything.

Also, pray that I find another place to stay in about a month and a half or I'm gonna have some trouble.

Life....throws us some curves. But we make it over the obstacles.

Hugs,
Cheryl

Old 05-22-2005, 08:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 9

I spent a lot of time with my family this past weekend and I'm very grateful for those wonderful moments and many great memories. I feel like I got a chance to make some amends which really did my soul a lot of good.

But, I think I may be losing the love of my life over the hurt I caused while I was using. I don't know if he can ever get past this. I need to give him his time and space so that he can handle these feelings in his own healthy way and it is so hard.

It is hard....not knowing the outcome of our relationship. I have to give him space but in the end, he may be gone out of my life anyway. I just pray and leave it in God's hands. God knows best anyway.

Half measures availed me nothing. I'm so heartbroken tonight and I think I'm gonna go curl up in my warm bed with a box of tissues and have a good cry. I pray that I don't lose the love of my life because of this addiction.

Wishing you all a happy, safe, sober 24!

Old 05-22-2005, 08:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Exclamation My Angel Hugs!!!

I will pray for you I promise !! You are doing so good and have been so good to me. I just know it is going to turn out ok for you!
Love Ya,
CarrieG
Old 05-22-2005, 08:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you sooooo much Carrie!! You are such a sweet, wonderful person! Thanks soooo much for the prayers and please know that I'm so grateful for them.

Good friends are special treasures and thanks for reaching out. I don't feel alone anymore.

Love you,
Cheryl
Old 05-22-2005, 09:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Red face Girl!!

Forgive me for saying girl alot I'm from Texas and the country.
But anyways I was just worried you was going to be mad I posted on your journal(read on my thread ). As big a B*tch as I was yesterday and you stuck around don't ever worry about being alone.
If you need me just holler.
CarrieG
Dang I just left church and said B*tch ..well maybe the * helps
Old 05-22-2005, 09:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Feel free to join me on this journey

Everyone feel free to post on my thread at anytime. All responses are welcome from all of my wonderful friends here at SR!

I would love to hear from you all on here!! I started this thread so that I could share my recovery with you. You are a valuable part of this wonderful recovery journey that I have chosen to embark on. Feel free to share anything at all.

I'm here for all of you just as you have all been here for me. This is the wonderful circle of a beautiful friendship.

POST ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE, MY FRIENDS!

Love,
Cheryl

Old 05-22-2005, 09:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

LOL! It's ok!

LOL, Carrie, it 's totally ok. You can say girl all you want. I do that all the time too . I'm from the country also and it is mostly all that I've known all of my life. I am southern all the way, LOL. It may be a little obvious, hehe.

It's ok to express your feelings even when you're angry. It is never good to keep things inside. Getting them out helps you to feel better and makes it feel like a huge burden is being lifted off of your shoulder.

Everyone tells me that I'm a good listener and I'm loyal. I never give up on people and I always stick around thru the good and the bad. I like to be a good friend to the people in my life. I always look and see the best in people.

It is one of my gifts from God.

Whatever you're feeling, you can always feel free to stop by my thread and share it, no matter what it is. I'll always be here to listen.

Love,
Cheryl

Old 05-22-2005, 09:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Huggggss

To my friend Cheryl
Old 05-23-2005, 03:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 10

:xmasu My goal is to have a thread that will help many people. I want to reach out to help others. I'm still growing myself but I firmly believe that we can all gain so much from other people. I haven't been clean very long but any sober day is truly a miracle and a gift.

If you are new and reading this, I want you to know that getting clean and sober is worth the effort. You will experience joys and miracles that you never even thought to be possible. You will even be stronger than before you ever used. This experience will have taught you a very valuable lesson in life.

Jump into recovery with every ounce of your being and put all you have into it. Please don't give up on this beautiful path of sobriety.

Old 05-23-2005, 03:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Can you all help me keep my thread going? Or should I start a new thread with a different name? I want to have a thread going but I'd like the help of my wonderful friends here at SR.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I tried...........................
Old 05-23-2005, 04:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I tried...........................