Notices

Tired and so much to do

Old 05-18-2005, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired and so much to do

How do I make it thru when I'm so exhausted and have so many responsibilities and things to do?

I've only been clean for 5 days so I'm sure that is why I'm so tired. But I'm in college and have many other responsibilities. I have to make myself hold up.

I'm trying, I'm really trying with all I have in me.

One day.

Old 05-18-2005, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

It is very hard in the beginning. Do what is in front of you to be done. Focus on one task at a time. Then rest whenever you can.....your energy will come back....it will have been worth the struggle.

Hugs
Tanya
:e20q
Old 05-18-2005, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

((( Hope )))

I know the feeling, when I get tired,I just take it in real small pieces.I know how hard school is,I just finished the semester and opted not to do summer classes. When I am in school its a priority,but meetings always come first. Get some rest ! Bless, Trish
Old 05-18-2005, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stark Raving Sober

Is it better to do one thing at a time well or many things simultaneously poorly? A friend of mine who just got his 32 year chip tells me to keep my head in what my hands are doing. I guess I have a tendency to want to get everything accomplished at once. Don't want to worry about anything.

I graduated from Mendocino community college last year. Finally got my AA (pun intended). I was drinking/using through some of it and it was tough. I had to admit I wasn't Superman during one semester and drop some classes. Went from 14 credit hours down to a manageable 9. It seemed like I had failed at the time but, looking back with that 20-20 hindsight most of us have, it was a good thing. I recall one semester where I had to drop out altogether to maintain my small sliver of sanity. My dis-ease was particularly active at that time and I was a blithering idiot in classes.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Hope,

I wish you well. Hang in there and do the best you can.

Love, Anna
Old 05-18-2005, 02:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Here is a thought.

Just how much time and effort did you really expend making sure you had your "stuff", the place and the time to drink or use? For me it became a central point in my existence.

Redirect that energy into staying clean and sober, and you just might find that you actually have more time for studies and sleep.

I know, because I now find I have far more time for the responsibilities of my life and finally some real time for myself.

Hang in there and work at it, because you are worth it!
Old 05-18-2005, 08:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can relate to this too. I'm exhausted also. I have to keep pushing myself but I also try to be gentle on myself too. We gotta take care of ourselves. I'm going to college full-time and have a job with some other stuff.

It is not easy but I do hear it is worth it. I think I'll just keep trying to find out.

Hugs,
C
Old 05-19-2005, 04:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

It will get better everyday the you are clean/sober. I am clean and getting more energy by the day. I still have trouble sleeping when I should, I sleep when I can. I just take a quick nap here and there. If I nap more than thirty mins. I am groggy, so I set a alarm to wake in thirty mins. It really seems to work for me.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

I give in to the lack of energy which probably isn't a good thing. I will set an alarm to get up in 1 hour but always end up pushing snooze for another hour. Some days are ok and I will drag myself around the house and do a couple of things. But it is so easy since I don't work and I was kicked out of college because of using. I need to try to focus on something and get my recovery going better.
I admire you all who are in school because I couldn't keep it together enough to be in class.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Peace begins with a smile

Here's something I learned in the halls....

Make a list of 6 things you HAVE TO do in 24 hours.

Two of them is praying. You choose the other, though one should be a meeting. You shouldn't go over 6. No one can simply fit everything into 24 hours. Keep it simple!

Hope that helps.
Anna
Old 05-19-2005, 11:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

Hey Hope--Take it easy on yourself. No one can do everything. There are some things which you simply have to let slide. And THAT'S OKAY!! Remeber to take care of yourself first. If you are tired, get some rest. I always have to remind myself that I am not doing anyone any good if I am trying to accomplish things with a cloudy, slow, tired mind. I do much better if I get a little rest and then get moving. Whatever it is that you think you absolutely HAVE to do will still be there tomorrow (except getting to your meetings.) You will be okay and it will get better!

Hugs--